What visors for HJ61 with Inclinomter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am curious what the visors for the HJ61 with the roof mounted inclinometer are.

I bought normal 60 series one's and they are too long.

Are they just 70 series visors?

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 8.47.05 PM.png

No answer for you, but where did you buy your 60 visors?

Hello,

I am curious what the visors for the HJ61 with the roof mounted inclinometer are.

I bought normal 60 series one's and they are too long.

Are they just 70 series visors?

View attachment 2630336
I wonder if the 80 series short visors are the same size, it looks to be a similar overhead altimeter/sub tank console.
1D3A77F2-F4A6-46C7-BE3C-92E96BEEEA03.jpeg

661F1E4F-AC0F-4D6A-A4C6-CA1DFDA1AE03.jpeg

BF4405E9-CAD0-48BB-8876-0754C3AF9D67.jpeg

These 70 series visor will fit all 6# series without the inclinometer.
41309711702_ec77c16b6b_c.jpg

Here are shots of mine - a little hard to tell from the photos but they measure about 18-3/4" long.

IMG_5478.JPEG

IMG_5479.JPEG

IMG_5480.JPEG

OK. So it seems like you have the wrong knob on your high/N/low shifter.

Some more questions for clarification:

you show a differential in one of your pictures, and it looks like it has a cable locking mechansim. When you say you locked the hubs, are you locking the wheel hubs or locking the differential(s)? The wheel hubs are locked by turning the locking mechanism at the center of each front wheel.

In your post above, how are you telling that you are in 4wd or not? With the truck parked and the wheel hubs unlocked, you should be able to rotate the front drive shaft by hand when you are in 2wd. If now lock both wheel hubs, you should NOT be able to turn the front drive shaft. This tell you your wheel hubs are working. Next, unlock the wheel hubs and push the 4wd button (the engine should be running I suppose for the vacuum mechanism to work) to put it into 4wd, then the front drive shaft should lock up when you try to rotate it. If you can't get it into 4wd, then you need to inspect the vacuum shift mechanism.

FJ62 has a vacuum shift transfer case so there are thread with more detail about troubleshooting. Try searching. Vacuum lines could be switched at the valves mounted on the fire wall or the vacuum diaphragm could be broken. Or there could be an electrical failure.

You pretty much have to drive the truck to see if you are getting into low. You should be able to tell because you will be going about half the speed for a given gear/engine rpm as with high. If you can the transfer case into Neutral, then it should go into low too, If it won't come out of neutral, then inspect the linkage. If it goes into gear on both sides of neutral, then pretty much one must be high and the other low.

I wonder if the 80 series short visors are the same size, it looks to be a similar overhead altimeter/sub tank console.
View attachment 2631473
View attachment 2631475
View attachment 2631474
Can you measure them and see if they are the same length as what @Paco measured?

Great idea by the way.

Hey Jen - my rig is a euro spec HJ61 from Canary Islands and came with the inclinometer. I have periodically seen them for sale on the diesel JDM classified thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom