What to expect when you blow a rear brake line, and other rusty experiences. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi - do you have the part numbers for all the brake likes? I just sprung a leak as I rehabilitated the frame of my LC. I think it would be good to change them all, but I am having a hard time figuring out what to buy. Any help is appreciated,
Note: 1998 & 99 US models only have one hard line going to the rear. 2000 and later have two hard lines going to the rear. Think there are some more variations in non-US models, so you want to make sure you get part numbers that are for your model.

I do not have those part numbers handy, I just wrote them down by hand and called the dealership, I think. As Skidoo says, you should probably look them up by the VIN to be certain you get the right ones for your year/model. Use something like partsouq.com to look them up.

Just to clear up the real source of that brake light issue I posted about later, I eventually found a tiny trickle of brake fluid coming from around the bleeder on the left front. I backed it off, and re-snugged it up, and then it has been fine for many months. The ABS motor on the other hand.... ugh. Unrelated I'm sure, but it died and gave the full buzzer and no braking this spring. Got an entire rebuilt unit (master, motor, accumulator) from Andy Le and swapped it in, relatively easy job compared to the brake lines.

I do not have those part numbers handy, I just wrote them down by hand and called the dealership, I think. As Skidoo says, you should probably look them up by the VIN to be certain you get the right ones for your year/model. Use something like partsouq.com to look them up.

Just to clear up the real source of that brake light issue I posted about later, I eventually found a tiny trickle of brake fluid coming from around the bleeder on the left front. I backed it off, and re-snugged it up, and then it has been fine for many months. The ABS motor on the other hand.... ugh. Unrelated I'm sure, but it died and gave the full buzzer and no braking this spring. Got an entire rebuilt unit (master, motor, accumulator) from Andy Le and swapped it in, relatively easy job compared to the brake lines.
Thank you for the reply. I was able to order the parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom