What to do with Slee rear ladder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yellowjacket,
A yeti is not cheap. Nor would the trial can full of tools be cheap. Would you not worry about them walking away?

Living in Houston, it’s tough for me to get to worthwhile camping places without a couple nights along the way staying at roadside motels/hotels. (The beach is the one obvious exception to those of us stuck in Houston - we can be camping first day if going to the beach.)

But I would always worry that I’ll come out to my LC in the morning with the yeti or tool can gone.
How would you secure it?

I guess with the yeti you could use padlocks and a bike cable…..
I have often thought about a clean way to lock basket items up. I think I have ran a bicycle cable through the handles in the past when it's just jerry cans. Might be a little trickier with the cooler. I would certainly worry about any of it parked overnight in public in a larger city. I don't usually have that issue, but still like to have a peace of mind so I'll continue to be looking into this.

Locks just keep honest people honest, I wouldn't rely on a bike cable or pad lock to keep a Yeti or tool box from getting nabbed off of your rig overnight in a hotel parking lot.

1666834524435.jpeg

1666834943510.jpeg

Inspired by pictures of Marks setup I made a machined shelf from 5mm composite panel and added 2 pins to the ladder, I use it for my induction cooker and coffee machine. A Rota Pax for washing water and a floor bladder to drink.

View attachment 3151755
View attachment 3151764

Inspired by pictures of Marks setup I made a machined shelf from 5mm composite panel and added 2 pins to the ladder, I use it for my induction cooker and coffee machine. A Rota Pax for washing water and a floor bladder to drink.
“Floor bladder?”
What’s this?

I will say that while I was camping last week, I did find the ladder to be a very convenient place to hang things. I was in Escelante Monument in Utah and everything there is so dusty, I was immensely happy to have the ladder so I didn’t have to put things on the ground around my camp.

“Floor bladder?”
What’s this?

I will say that while I was camping last week, I did find the ladder to be a very convenient place to hang things. I was in Escelante Monument in Utah and everything there is so dusty, I was immensely happy to have the ladder so I didn’t have to put things on the ground around my camp
https://fmestore.com.au/product/extra-heavy-duty-box-type-water-bladder-100l-dw100b-potable-tpu/. These Are great to use as they keep the weight low down on the rear floor and only need them installed for trips.
Yes I like the ladder to access the roof rack as well.

https://fmestore.com.au/product/extra-heavy-duty-box-type-water-bladder-100l-dw100b-potable-tpu/. These Are great to use as they keep the weight low down on the rear floor and only need them installed for trips.
Yes I like the ladder to access the roof rack as well.
Hey! That’s pretty cool. Do you keep it in your passenger footwell like they suggest?

I have been contemplating a better use of my passenger footwell. But then I wonder if that’s an awkward place to go to when you want water.

And just in case you are not aware; this product, a seat bridge, is great for giving the whole backseat to the dogs while still allowing you storage space in the passenger footwell;

Hey! That’s pretty cool. Do you keep it in your passenger footwell like they suggest?

I have been contemplating a better use of my passenger footwell. But then I wonder if that’s an awkward place to go to when you want water.
Yes across the floor behind the front seats, I only fill with the amount I need for the trip and drive the excess air out, the gravity feed works ok but access thru the side door is not ideaI, I will add a small on demand pump and plumb through to the rear camp setup.
Luckily my dog is happy on a pad and I also have good canvas seat coverers protecting the leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom