What to do with Slee rear ladder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MCtree

GOLD Star
Threads
What have you guys done with the ladder on your Slee rear bumper?

I’m looking for suggestions.

Right now its just an obstruction that requires one more step for me to open the rear hatch.

I know that Slee makes that rear basket that one could put jerry cans into, but since I have an aux tank, I don’t think I need extra fuel. Carrying water would be nice, but that cargo basket from slee seems like overkill for that.

ps. since I camp with my dog, a roof top tent is not a great option. Though that would be a nice use of the ladder.

What have you guys done with the ladder on your Slee rear bumper?

I’m looking for suggestions.

Right now its just an obstruction that requires one more step for me to open the rear hatch.

I know that Slee makes that rear basket that one could put jerry cans into, but since I have an aux tank, I don’t think I need extra fuel. Carrying water would be nice, but that cargo basket from slee seems like overkill for that.

ps. since I camp with my dog, a roof top tent is not a great option. Though that would be a nice use of the ladder.
Here’s some of what I did with mine…
—All of which depend on the ladder structure.

** I have an Aux tank too. These are for *water.*
1662706742540.jpeg

1662706761735.jpeg

1662706883976.jpeg

1662706916596.jpeg

1662706943301.jpeg

Last edited:
Some more…
1662706999324.jpeg

1662707016021.jpeg

1662707097073.jpeg

1662707121765.jpeg

Can’t see the mount here, but my desert dunes lighted pole mounts to the top of the Slee ladder.

1662707188859.jpeg

Here you can see the pole mount, and the propane qyick release setup (where I connect it to the tank)…
1662707469954.jpeg

Here you can see the power switch for my Buggy Whip quick-mount on the too rung…
1662707618358.jpeg

More on propane quick release for water heater and stove use:
1662707653798.jpeg

Here’s another of the Buggy Whip… If you hit busy dunes after dark, this is extremely helpful. Most desert buggies here are running at least one. Scary without them:
1662708221067.jpeg

Anyway… As you can see… Its not just a ladder. Its really a platform for customization.

Last edited:
Superb setup! Where did you find the desert dunes lighted pole? I couldn't find the similar one like yours... :(
Buggy Whip.
Not cheap, but very well made.
All different lengths, colors, and mount iptions.

Buggy Whip.
Not cheap, but very well made.
All different lengths, colors, and mount iptions.

Thanks! That was what I was looking for.
Couldn’t find anything other than cheap Chinese flag toy.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! That was what I was looking for.
Couldn’t find anything other than cheap Chinese flag toy.
Thanks for sharing!

Most of the sand rail shops have them.. example

Most of the sand rail shops have them.. example

Wow nice!

Thanks, Markuson!

I knew you had the three jerry cans, but forgot about the other items you added.
Great ideas.

I take it those three trays are a custom fab?

Thanks, Markuson!

I knew you had the three jerry cans, but forgot about the other items you added.
Great ideas.

I take it those three trays are a custom fab?

I concocted those shelves & work really quite well. In camp, they clear the hatch when deplloyed so no need to fold up. They stay folded up via gun magnets, and stay in place on crazy without a latch etc. so just flip up and secure.

Very nicely executed - I like the switch panel... How did you execute the wiring past the pivot at the bottom?

I ran wires inside a tube just like the one Slee runs to power the license plate light…then down…and then up the bib below the left/rear panel underneath.

That’s a fantastic setup. I love the amount of flat surfaces. You never realize how much stuff you need sit down until you need to sit it down in a muddy situation

Ya, when you use drawers in back…it’s nice to have a place to set things other than the tailgate, since open drawers need that clear. Great for food etc while accessing…and just in general. Also usable with hatch full closed dtc.
Mark, do you have another tank for water or just the 3 jerry's.... asking because I am always running out of water when doing longer trips, with only 10 gallons.
haha its harder to get water sometime than fuel

No larger tank than the three jerry cans. . I always have other liquids inside for drinking. Use the rear cans are mostly for cleaning/shower or emergencies.

Other uses come in handy though…like an easy wash station at a work site. Before my dog was killed a couple yesrs ago..we used it to wash salt water off after local beaches. Works a charm with the faucet I added. Highly recommend the faucet tweak. No pumps required. Gravity works well. Easy to regulate flow.

This is the 4x4Labs 100 Series version and one of the ways I used the back end. I bought this YETI because it fit perfectly in the 3 jerry can baskets. When I am not going on long trips where I need fuel or water, I would carry this.

Now that this rig is sold and I've got the LC200 with Slee's rear with the dual arms and ladder with basket, I don't see why it wouldn't fit in it also. I'll get a photo of that one of these days and post it up.

1663617749249.png

I may start a new thread with this thought, but I can't get this idea out of my head. I want to build a jerry can into a toolbox!

Easily accessible and when I don't require all 3 containers full of liquids, I can easily have my tools right there. Has anyone seen this done by chance? It would be several layers deep if you get my meaning. Maybe 3 total floors, including the base and clamps on the sides to open or close. It would need to be weather tight.

it has been done

Yellowjacket,
A yeti is not cheap. Nor would the trial can full of tools be cheap. Would you not worry about them walking away?

Living in Houston, it’s tough for me to get to worthwhile camping places without a couple nights along the way staying at roadside motels/hotels. (The beach is the one obvious exception to those of us stuck in Houston - we can be camping first day if going to the beach.)

But I would always worry that I’ll come out to my LC in the morning with the yeti or tool can gone.
How would you secure it?

I guess with the yeti you could use padlocks and a bike cable…..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom