What to do with old tires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to upgrade my tires to something more off-road capable, but I'm wondering what to do with my old tires; they barely have any miles on them.
I have about 3,000 miles on some Michelin Latitude Tour HP's (P265/60R18 109H).

What do you guys do with your old tires if they are good enough to sell? Craigslist, FB Marketplace?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

yep, CL, OfferUp, or FB marketplace, whatever is best in your area. Price them to move.

You absolutely will be able to sell them, but don't expect much. Or see if you can trade/barter for something you may want.
Heck, trade them for a ping-pong table or basketball hoop!

I have sold several sets on facebook marketplace. Just list them for $250 or best offer and sell them to whoever brings at least $100 cash.

Reactions: r2m
I'd find a used tire dealer and try to sell them that way. Lots of used tire shops around here (note they are usually in more disadvantaged areas). I got $200 for a set of 4 nearly-new street tires off of my GX from a guy who buys/sells them part-time. Having all 4 that are matching is a plus.

Honestly, don't bother with FB Marketplace. It's terrible in my area - half of the responders are scammers. Craigslist is a little better but then you have to meet sketchy random people who might not show up.

FYI, if you're worried about safety dealing with an individual (which you should) most police precincts have an area you can use to do the transaction.

FYI, if you're worried about safety dealing with an individual (which you should) most police precincts have an area you can use to do the transaction.
In my experinece the safety hasn't been a big deal, it's more agreeing to meet someone and they either don't show up or cancel at the last minute. We tried to sell an old washer and dryer on FB Marketplace last month and wasted hours dealing with sketchy people. We finally set them at the end of the driveway with a "free" sign and they were gone within 2 hours.

Reactions: r2m
In my experinece the safety hasn't been a big deal, it's more agreeing to meet someone and they either don't show up or cancel at the last minute. We tried to sell an old washer and dryer on FB Marketplace last month and wasted hours dealing with sketchy people. We finally set them at the end of the driveway with a "free" sign and they were gone within 2 hours.
It only takes one time. I CCW everywhere and look to mitigate all risk as much as possible. Our society is garbage and I don't trust any situation to not go off the rails. I still encourage the OP to consider my recommendation if dealing with strangers.

Trade them in at the tire Shop. I take trade ins it all the time. It’s nice to have great used tires to sell
If it was me I'd go this route.

When I upsized tires a few years ago I sold my existing tires on Craigslist. But in the past I've sold tires at used tire shops. If theyre in good shape and not too old you'll get 100 to 200 bucks depending on brand, size and condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom