What to cook tonight ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife made shepards pie 2 nights ago with a spicy Italian twist.
Included Italian sausage in with the ground beef, almost 50-50.
Then I added fresh chives and leftover minced bacon to the mashed potatoes.
Served with Hawaiian bread rolls n hot butter.

Now trying to figure out a menu for Christmas dinner.
Regular ham n fixings ?
King crab n other sea food ?
Full blown messican, chili verde, enchiladas, rice n beans ?

We will probably do roast turkey or goose. Mashed potatoes, home made cranberry sauce, maybe some type of Brussels sprouts. If we do goose I might do some variation of a Cumberland sauce and skip the cranberries. We usually do sauerbraten at New Years With red cabbage etc. if you wanted to spice up poultry you could do an orange habanero sauce with parsley. You could do different sauces for your ham if you want ham. We’ve gotten away from ham because of the salt but use it in smaller quantities with other dishes.

Lasagna here. Homemade semolina pasta sheets, homemade marinara sauce, a little 50/50 blend of ground pork/beef with fennel seeds, homemade ricotta, aged monterey jack & a little smoked provolone along with a béchamel sauce to tie it all together. Roasted garlic-broccolini or arugula salad for the side and a molten lemon cake for dessert.

Grilled chicken alfredo

IMG_20191215_125350622.jpg
IMG_20191215_130725978.jpg

IMG_20191215_131238334.jpg

IMG_20191215_132440634.jpg

AND HOMEMADE BAGUETTES.

IMG_20191215_130927853.jpg

Now trying to figure out a menu for Christmas dinner.
Regular ham n fixings ?
King crab n other sea food ?
Full blown messican, chili verde, enchiladas, rice n beans ?

Australian lobster tails and crab legs, hasselback potatoes and haricots verts and almonds. A nice bottle of Kistler chardonnay and fruit tart for dessert.

Broke down some deer quarters I was given by a friend to make dog food. Then cooked a simple turkey soup using dark meat turkey that we froze at Thanksgiving. Equal amounts of celery carrot onion and mushroom with about double the amount of turkey all in chicken broth Added some ground pepper and called it good. Barb is making French bread to go with it. Dogs absolutely loved the deer. I cooked it in a Dutch oven with water for about 3 hours then cut it up into small pieces. I just add a little to their dry food. Froze quite a few bags of it for future use. Barb also made Carmel candy today to give to friends. I kept a couple out for here. Guess that is the post meal sweet.

I just ordered 1 size larger Carhartts. Just from looking at your pics J. :D

Hey Splity,
I even gave the wife a Dutch oven last night, right after she fell asleep.

Haven't heard of that one. Is it like a Cleveland Steamer?

Going traditional, slow cooked goose (cut the breasts off at 135). Cumberland sauce using lingonberry, fondant potatoes with garlic and rosemary, spiced applesauce. Saving the goose fat for later dishes. Oh, and homemade apple pie. Merry Christmas all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom