What to cook tonight ?

Homemade pizza. Last of the fresh basil and tomatoe, cooked onion, sautéed mushroom, with home made Italian sausage and Mozzarella in the pizza oven. No sauce, not needed. EVO on the crust edges. Yum.

Het Split,
How do you make yours. I've used leftover grilled chicken, steak, ground beef.
But I was thinking of picking up some carnitas and then making enchiladas with them. ????????

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
SILVER Star

Favorite is with left over chuck roast in the slow cooker. Hurry method is brown some ground chuck and toss in a can of Herdez Salsa Casera at the end. Yummy.

splitshot

SILVER Star

Oh, pineapples are on sale, bought one today. If not reuben sammy's tomorrow, might have to find
something to grill it with. :hmm:

spressomon

glutton

RE: Pineapple: Our local best mex anywhere around does a killer...no its KILLER...grilled pineapple & roasted jalapeño mezcal margarita that is to die for! They soak the jalapeños in an Italian liquor of some kind, then grill them...renders a firm texture but sweet-hot...never had 'em like it before or anywhere else. Tried making them at home but couldn't do them justice but they were deelish in their own right.

And if you have a juicer, fresh pineapple & pear juice is super tasty. Splash in some prosecco...

That stuff sounds really good.
I think I need to take the family out to our local messican place and grub.
And explore some margaritas

splitshot

SILVER Star

Side dish is pig ribs and baked beans. had to work around what to do with the pineapple.
Granted, this is only the second time I've tried cooking it, delicious.
Marinated with butter, honey, and Tobasco. Goes great with pork. 👍
001.JPG

Last edited:
So today I dusted off the mandolin and made au-gratin potatoes with parmigian cheese except I cut up some Canadian bacon and added it in the layers. It came out really good. I might add some sliced mushrooms next time as well. Instead of cream and milk I just used half and half. If might be even better with gruyere cheese but gruyere is awfully expensive.

spressomon

glutton

A year ago I found Masienda for heirloom corn for making my own whole corn kernel masa. Fast forward a year and they have a much larger selection of heirloom corn kernels. One of four I just received...Blue Chaleqeūno got turned into nixtal'd masa for scallop and roast cauliflower tacos tonight.

You'll just have to imagine what the tacos looked like :D

If you like corn tortillas and all things masa and haven't made your own...its worth the little bit of effort.

IMG_8943.JPG

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
A year ago I found Masienda for heirloom corn for making my own whole corn kernel masa. Fast forward a year and they have a much larger selection of heirloom corn kernels. One of four I just received...Blue Chaleqeūno got turned into nixtal'd masa for scallop and roast cauliflower tacos tonight.

You'll just have to imagine what the tacos looked like :D

If you like corn tortillas and all things masa and haven't made your own...its worth the little bit of effort.

View attachment 2152448
We make Hopi tortillas quite often. I'll check this out!

J

Top Bottom