What to cook tonight ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Homemade pizza. Last of the fresh basil and tomatoe, cooked onion, sautéed mushroom, with home made Italian sausage and Mozzarella in the pizza oven. No sauce, not needed. EVO on the crust edges. Yum.

Just felt like Enchilada night.

Het Split,
How do you make yours. I've used leftover grilled chicken, steak, ground beef.
But I was thinking of picking up some carnitas and then making enchiladas with them. ????????

Favorite is with left over chuck roast in the slow cooker. Hurry method is brown some ground chuck and toss in a can of Herdez Salsa Casera at the end. Yummy.

Just made my signature garlic roasted mashed tators for tonight. Hope there is leftovers.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Turkey pot pies here...not traditional but darn yumly!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey burnout, crap weather for grilling, so its' corned beef and cabbage night.

Oh, pineapples are on sale, bought one today. If not reuben sammy's tomorrow, might have to find
something to grill it with. :hmm:

RE: Pineapple: Our local best mex anywhere around does a killer...no its KILLER...grilled pineapple & roasted jalapeño mezcal margarita that is to die for! They soak the jalapeños in an Italian liquor of some kind, then grill them...renders a firm texture but sweet-hot...never had 'em like it before or anywhere else. Tried making them at home but couldn't do them justice but they were deelish in their own right.

And if you have a juicer, fresh pineapple & pear juice is super tasty. Splash in some prosecco...

That stuff sounds really good.
I think I need to take the family out to our local messican place and grub.
And explore some margaritas

Side dish is pig ribs and baked beans. had to work around what to do with the pineapple.
Granted, this is only the second time I've tried cooking it, delicious.
Marinated with butter, honey, and Tobasco. Goes great with pork. 👍
001.JPG

Last edited:
So today I dusted off the mandolin and made au-gratin potatoes with parmigian cheese except I cut up some Canadian bacon and added it in the layers. It came out really good. I might add some sliced mushrooms next time as well. Instead of cream and milk I just used half and half. If might be even better with gruyere cheese but gruyere is awfully expensive.

A year ago I found Masienda for heirloom corn for making my own whole corn kernel masa. Fast forward a year and they have a much larger selection of heirloom corn kernels. One of four I just received...Blue Chaleqeūno got turned into nixtal'd masa for scallop and roast cauliflower tacos tonight.

You'll just have to imagine what the tacos looked like :D

If you like corn tortillas and all things masa and haven't made your own...its worth the little bit of effort.

IMG_8943.JPG

A year ago I found Masienda for heirloom corn for making my own whole corn kernel masa. Fast forward a year and they have a much larger selection of heirloom corn kernels. One of four I just received...Blue Chaleqeūno got turned into nixtal'd masa for scallop and roast cauliflower tacos tonight.

You'll just have to imagine what the tacos looked like :D

If you like corn tortillas and all things masa and haven't made your own...its worth the little bit of effort.

View attachment 2152448

We make Hopi tortillas quite often. I'll check this out!

J

I've only ventured as far as Navajo fry bread.. ;)

If you opt to make your own masa and order from Masienda be sure to get some of the heirloom Blue Azul Chalquèno corn kernels. Per what they say: "...gives flour tortillas a run for their money." The texture once cooked properly is similar to flour texture but oh the flavor difference!

I would love to have the time to play with masa. On the list...
Simple comfort stuff. Tonight it's shepherds pie with a mexican twist.
Tomorrow green chili meatloaf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom