What Tire PSI is everyone running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been running 35 PSI on 285/70/17 E KO2s basically year round. Which made me interested what other people are running for their summer/winter PSI. I’d say weighted down with drawers and bumpers and everything 35 has been pretty decent. Whats everyone else running?

I’ve been running 35 PSI on 285/70/17 E KO2s basically year round. Which made me interested what other people are running for their summer/winter PSI. I’d say weighted down with drawers and bumpers and everything 35 has been pretty decent. Whats everyone else running?
What load rating are your tires? The higher the load rating, the more PSI. Not much more when not loaded.
Generally between 35 - 45 psi. I sometimes run a little higher pressure for road trips for a little better mileage.

I usually run about 35psi as well. I need to do the chalk test to see what pressure would be best, but I've never done it before and now the roads are snowy/wet

Depending on what you have installed in or on your vehicle, what tires and wheels are installed the pressures can very GREATLY. As stated use the chock method to determine what is right for your vehicle.

If you are running a factor size wheel and tire combo us what the manufacture suggests.

I run 35 PSI in the front and rear. Was going to chalk test today but it started snowing. The ride isn’t that bad at 35.

The National Tire and Rim Association ( The Tire and Rim Association, Inc. - https://www.us-tra.org/publications.html) has a publication which addresses calculating correct tire pressures for among other scenarios, when a P Metric tire is replaced with a LT tire, and when tire sizes are changed, which is what a lot of us are doing. The publication is hard to find by itself on the internet as NTRA sells the publication. But here is an example where Toyo Tires has published it and added guidance for Toyo tires: The Tire and Rim Association, Inc. - https://www.us-tra.org

Besides inflation values, there is additional useful information.

If you have additional vehicle weight, you will need your correct vehicle weight to calculate the recommended tire pressure.

Chalk test and figure out your own ideal PSI. There is no right answer. E rated tires are made for an 8,000 lb diesel truck.

Higher load rating doesn't mean that you need higher pressure, it means the tire is made to handle higher pressure. For ride quality's sake you can actually run LESS pressure in a higher load rated tire (E for example) if you are not hauling anything. If you over inflate you will destroy your tires over time.

I have a set of KO2s in E rating... I hate them but they came with the rig and do not need replaced. I run like 25 PSI. Tire still barely flexes or takes up any bumps in the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom