What the Hella!

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by drohweder, Jan 12, 2004.

1. drohweder

drohweder

Got a set of Hellas for the truck and ran the wiring no problem. Flip the switch and....nothing! :( Somehow the wiring was wrong. I checked and double checked. All good. So I run the system again, consolidate and reground everything, still nothing. I get on line, print of the instructions off hellas website and yep, its a different wiring scheme. :mad: So I switch things up and flip...still dark.

???After racking my brain for too long I look at the fusible link. All the directions say its a 15 amp. Pull it out and its blown!! New on should fix it right? Blown. :-\ So I rack my brain again for too long and finally, 10 minutes before the autoparts store closes, I look at the back of the switch and its labled (in very fine print) as a 20AMP switch.

Pop in a 20 and there is light! :D Plain and simple bull s*%t! If the company I paid good money too would put decent and uptodate install instructions in the package than I would not have wasted 3 hours on a 1 hour install!

Sorry, just venting. The Hellas sure do look purty.... ;) And now I can blind those ricers driving around with thier neon brights on!!!! :D

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Headlights or driving lights? If I recall the Cruiser wiring is different, its switchs with ground not positive, so if you followed hellas instustions it's backwards, Cruisers are one of the few like this.

I don't think you can get new fusible links(at least not for my 82 fj40's) so you must make your own, NAPA sells the wire. Or are you talking about a fuse not a fusible link(wire)?

John H

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.