What the Hella! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a set of Hellas for the truck and ran the wiring no problem. Flip the switch and....nothing! :( Somehow the wiring was wrong. I checked and double checked. All good. So I run the system again, consolidate and reground everything, still nothing. I get on line, print of the instructions off hellas website and yep, its a different wiring scheme. :mad: So I switch things up and flip...still dark.

???After racking my brain for too long I look at the fusible link. All the directions say its a 15 amp. Pull it out and its blown!! New on should fix it right? Blown. :-\ So I rack my brain again for too long and finally, 10 minutes before the autoparts store closes, I look at the back of the switch and its labled (in very fine print) as a 20AMP switch.

Pop in a 20 and there is light! :D Plain and simple bull s*%t! If the company I paid good money too would put decent and uptodate install instructions in the package than I would not have wasted 3 hours on a 1 hour install!

Sorry, just venting. The Hellas sure do look purty.... ;) And now I can blind those ricers driving around with thier neon brights on!!!! :D

Headlights or driving lights? If I recall the Cruiser wiring is different, its switchs with ground not positive, so if you followed hellas instustions it's backwards, Cruisers are one of the few like this.

I don't think you can get new fusible links(at least not for my 82 fj40's) so you must make your own, NAPA sells the wire. Or are you talking about a fuse not a fusible link(wire)?

John H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom