What the hell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got on the 80's forum today after being denied this morning again and it's like we went back in time...did we loose data and have to go to a backup?

Thanks

THANK YOU for you patience...

first off, the host has relocated the mysql server data....with luck, that will solve future problems.

As we "all" know, the site went down around 12:00am CST until about 5 minutes ago....I became aware this morning about 6:15am....sent a trouble ticket in, then went to the dentist (yeah, wonderful double start to my morning...) Called the host (and got a busy signal) for a couple hours, finally got thru and left a callback number. The contacted me at 10:30am CST and were unsure of what the problem is.

Well, long story short, they STILL haven't called me back like they said they woud....and, since I can't access their ticket center from work, I had to wait until this evening to log in and discover they had moved the forum data....only to THEN discover they provided the incorrect IP information!!!!!!

IDIOTS!!

Fortunately, I "adjusted" things, had some luck, and it's back up.

Again, thanks to everyone for your patience. I DO appreciate the emails letting me know that I'm not alone!!

appears that posts from the 15th are lost....crap....

one more thing to bitch about...."good thing" the forum was only up for a 1/2 day so we didn't lose much....

:rolleyes:

Actually, I got that deja vu feeling all over again :D

Woody--hope you're getting some compensation for their incompetence.

Tom

It is a shame to have lost all the brilliant witicism and repartee that went on yesterday. We'll all have to remember it fondly as the pinnacle of brilliance it was. And there'll be no way to prove otherwise!

:cheers: thanks for all your work, Woody. We appreciate what you do.

I second Dave. We are all frustrated about not getting on, but if you didn't do such a wonderful job everyday, we would have cared.

We appreciate your efforts related to this site Woody and are mad WITH you not at you!

Could you add a spell checker so I wouldn't have to go back and modify so often!

Thanks,

Ken

yeah, the ONE time someone has something nice to say about me the post it gone :flipoff2:

[quote author=IDave link=board=9;threadid=10175;start=msg90936#msg90936 date=1074299924]
It is a shame to have lost all the brilliant witicism and repartee that went on yesterday. We'll all have to remember it fondly as the pinnacle of brilliance it was. And there'll be no way to prove otherwise!

:cheers: thanks for all your work, Woody. We appreciate what you do.
[/quote]

Still want to know who that woman you picked up was, Pimp....

[quote author=IDave link=board=9;threadid=10175;start=msg90983#msg90983 date=1074304532]
[/quote]

Probably Junk in drag

Junk in drag...isnt that like 24/7/365..... :flipoff2:

I REALLY don't want to think about it. :mad:

props to you woody. thanks for the great site. found out the other day i have a credit card... first i knew about it, so i may have to hit you up for a shirt and a few stickers when i figure out how to use it :)

[quote author=IDave link=board=9;threadid=10175;start=msg90983#msg90983 date=1074304532]
[/quote]

I still don't know what the heck your talking about? I think it comes from my free gun post..........but I bought 3 guns from the gal.........that was it.

Even with the frustrations over the last month or so the site has been a tech resorce that is invaluable. Much thanks to Woody and the Mod's for all the work.

Funny how when IH8MUD goes down, I can jump to pirate and there in the LC section is a mini IH8MUD forum. Its great.

Just good to have it back up.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=9;threadid=10175;start=msg91456#msg91456 date=1074388434]
I still don't know what the heck your talking about? I think it comes from my free gun post..........but I bought 3 guns from the gal.........that was it.
[/quote]
(yep, it was in the original post. a woman you "picked up". You're just not going to bite, are you? :p)

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=9;threadid=10175;start=msg91456#msg91456 date=1074388434]
[/quote]

Dave and I were picking at you using words from your post Here is your original post with the source of our fun highlighted:

Last year(in my office) I picked up a new un-fired-mint Smith and Wesson 38sw Lemon Squizer(top brake) facotry nickle with pearl SW grips, I paid $50 for it neat little gun, never seen one with the SW pearl grips. [glow=red,2,300]From the same gal I latter picked up [/glow] a new in the box SW 4016(I think, its the full size) 40cal stainless and a new in the box Berreta Tomcat 32auto........prolly

AH! I see now....................... :flipoff2:

[quote author=romer link=board=9;threadid=10175;start=msg91742#msg91742 date=1074455730]
Dave and I were picking at you using words from your post Here is your original post with the source of our fun highlighted:

Last year(in my office) I picked up a new un-fired-mint Smith and Wesson 38sw Lemon Squizer(top brake) facotry nickle with pearl SW grips, I paid $50 for it neat little gun, never seen one with the SW pearl grips. [glow=red,2,300]From the same gal I latter picked up [/glow] a new in the box SW 4016(I think, its the full size) 40cal stainless and a new in the box Berreta Tomcat 32auto........prolly
[/quote]

:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom