What the heck is this? (92 HDJ81V JDM) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
An 92 HDJ81V RHD from Japan just joined my family here in the USA. What the heck is this "orange thing" under the hood?
(see picture)

All I know: It was on there when it was imported from Japan. The US previous owner thinks it's some sort of aftermarket body stiffener.

IMG_20200629_105644220.jpg

I have no idea. Is anything hanging off of it? The accelerator cable?

I feel like someone in Kansas City with an HDJ81 had one of these. It was an issue with his cruise maybe? I think he took it out and reinstalled the cruise. I could be wrong, but that looks familiar.

That is the special JDM HiLift jack lift point for the body. You stick the HiLift in there and can then lift that side of the vehicle if you need to reposition it. Nothing bad will happen, promise

That is the special JDM HiLift jack lift point for the body. You stick the HiLift in there and can then lift that side of the vehicle if you need to reposition it. Nothing bad will happen, promise
Like if the Truck is on its side? 🤔

Like if the Truck is on its side? 🤔
Nope. When on its side, Rich can use that brace to attach helium balloons to right it. He saw it on a documentary with balloons, a house, talking dog....

Sorry I fell behind on this thread. Someone on Facebook (of all places...) confirmed it was a master cylinder brace. Seems like it can't harm anything, so it's going to stay right where it is. Also seems like a decent place to mount..."things"...

Sorry I fell behind on this thread. Someone on Facebook (of all places...) confirmed it was a master cylinder brace. Seems like it can't harm anything, so it's going to stay right where it is. Also seems like a decent place to mount..."things"...
You start off with a myriad of Helium Filled Balloons!!! 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom