What model dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What model and year/s 7x's series did this style Dash come in, can you get them in Aus, will they fit in a 79 ute
1237682_4.jpg

Hello,

It looks like an early model Prado (early 1990s?) panel.

Don't know whether it will fit a 79, though.

JuanJ

A LJ 78 Prado dash looks like any other 70 series dash, I am wrong buth with the flat windshield and 70s doors that must be a PX 10, send the cheque to my accountLOL LOL

What model and year/s 7x's series did this style Dash come in, can you get them in Aus, will they fit in a 79 ute

Looks like the dash in the last of the 70 series prado,circa 93-94.
Im guessing it would fit in theory as its the same width and the binnacles and vents are more or less in the same place.
Very uncommon in oz,private import model only .

I dont think they made a lot of them.Some markets kept the old dash and body until 96 like the Red Cross models.
The rounded dash is probably for Europe and Japan only

It Prado VX (LJ-78) motor 1KZTE(or 2LTE, but very little probability if to take into account the presence of locks). Year approximately "95.

I have never seen that Dash in the UK on 1KZT or 2LT. Toyota stopped selling the 70 series here around 95-96.
Bah humbug :(

Ok whats a PX10?
Did they make a 70 with 1KZTE? In the uk (to the best of my know the 1KZTE was fitted only to 90 series, but they have done one for europe somwhere I guess?

1KZT appeared exactly on 70 series approximately in "90-"91. Later added an electronic management a diesel and began to name 1KZTE.

Technically a motor of 1KZT is 1HZ minus two cylinders, but plus a turbo.:):):)

factory information about an issue 70 series with KZT with a right and left hand drive:)

KZJ70LV-MNXW05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; LX SPECIFICATION ; DIESEL ; KZJ73LV-MNXW 05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; LX SPECIFICATION ; DIESEL ; KZJ77LV-MNXW05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; LX SPECIFICATION ; DIESEL ; KZJ70LV-MRXW05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; STANDARD TYPE ; DIESEL ; KZJ70LV-MEXW05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; VX TYPE ; DIESEL ; KZJ73LV-MEXW05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; VX TYPE ; DIESEL ; KZJ70L-MRXW 05/1993 - 04/1996SOFT TOP SERIES (AWNING TYPE) ; STANDARD TYPE ; DIESEL ; KZJ70RV-MNXW 05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; LX SPECIFICATION ; DIESEL ; KZJ70RV-MEXW 05/1993 - 04/1996HARD TOP SERIES ; VX TYPE ; DIESEL

Just noticed the seats are different on that picture as well, well the curved arm rests, or maybe its just the angle of the camera?
Anyone know if they are available or are they worth bolting on to rest your arms on whilst on those long trails?

I have never seen that Dash in the UK on 1KZT or 2LT. Toyota stopped selling the 70 series here around 95-96.
Bah humbug :(

Ok whats a PX10?
Did they make a 70 with 1KZTE? In the uk (to the best of my know the 1KZTE was fitted only to 90 series, but they have done one for europe somwhere I guess?

Europe never got that style. I'll take the classic sheemetal dash any day ovet "that thing" :D

Well someone must have got it and that one is RHD,so maybe Japan only.

PX10 is an abomination made in some garage in Japan. They take a 73 series ,give it a metal roof and 40 series series grill and round off some of the corners so it looks like a 70/40 series hybrid
Some say they made hundreds but I think you would count them on one, maybe 2 hands.
It is not a Toyota product as some claim

Last edited:
ahhh that makes sense Rosco, I have seen one of these px10's parked up a couple of times and remember diving past this vehicle quoting "Its a 40 series, nope its a 70 series. WTF i am confused."!
I will try and get a picture as we have passed it a couple of times here in Berkshire, England(Just in case the owner is on the list).

my guess would be a prado dash in an hzj73.they do bolt straight in and its quite popular over here(nz)just for a bit of a change from your average 70 interior.i say hzj coz if you look to the left of the steering colom you can see the majic button.well.....switch actually.

ahh nice to no thanks all for the info might have to look into a nz one soon

cruzing the net come across a sale page with the dash 94 sx 3.0l prado what are the model name of these engines
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan_car/toyota/land+cruiser+prado/1725952/

That would be an early 1KZ T.The next generation was the 1KZ TE with some electronics fitted to the pump in the 90 series prado.
The 1KZ T was a big improvement over the 2LT but they still have alloy heads which blow gaskets or warp occasionally with high klms or lack of maintenance
Some Dynas also had the non turbo version 1KZ.

ahh good to know thanks , im really keen on learning all 7x's model info into which models there are which use which suspention and running gear is there a page with all h/f/k/p js 7xs models info??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom