What kind of rear bumper/tire carrier do I have? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1994 80 series with what I was told is a Slee Offroad bumper. I was wondering if that is true (I don't see any like this on their site; maybe it's a legacy one)? If it is a Slee bumper, what kind of options for a jerry can holder do I have?

....and yes, I do need a jerry can rack. The cruiser has a GM 6.0 liter Vortech under the hood and has been averaging under 9 mpg in this cold weather!
Rear 1 mod.jpg
rear 2 mod.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

I'm 100% convinced that carrying fuel in jerry cans is not for me. It's SOOOO much nicer to have a tank underneath--especially since you already have your spare relocated.

Factory Toyota sub tank, Long Range Automotive aftermarket tank, or a DIY style--any will make you happy every time you DON'T have to dump or siphon fuel cans.

Here's my DIY one. Under my 100, but the process was nearly identical under my 80. (there is a difference in the filler tube sizes) DIY 20 gallon auxiliary fuel tank

You will have to excuse Izzy. Ever since he put a rover sticker on his 80 he doesn’t really think straight ;)

Patrick I’m thinking you’ll be forced to fab something up custom to work with the existing swing out in place. Spindles are available from a few sources (4x4 labs is one) and there are some good write ups that discuss the process searcheable under adding swing outs to stock bumpers. I believe one is by 98snakeeater.
Other option if you are ok with fuel inside and not utilizing third row is the cargo baskets by 4x4 labs. This route does raise some safety concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom