What is wrong with my rear wiper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear wiper does not work well. It never has, even though I just replaced the blade. Recently I looked at my brothers 80 and noticed that his what not bent down like mine.

So I something wrong with my wiper? How do I fix it?

Jared

Last edited:
And here is my brothers-- note the difference

Jared

Last edited:
Cant you just pop the arm and blade off by unbolting it. I believe they mount on a stud with teeth, perhaps take it off and move it a few teeth up.....

Yep, just off a couple of teeth, pop off the cap where the arm mounts, loosen the nut and move the arm to the same angle as your brothers then tighten the nut. The main problem is probably not enough pressure against the glass, pull the arm off the glass about 1" and do it on your brothers, if his is stronger it's probably the spring, if I remember correctly it's not available accept by buying the whole arm.

Is there slack in the arm. Mine is missing the plastic bushing and it hangs in that lower position. Asked CDAN about it and you can't get just the bushing.

I vote for the solution of Tools R Us with the more likely probability that someone simply installed the wiper at the wrong angle, ie the wrong teeth, and left it at that as that wiper isn't all that much used.

Kalawang

jaysdead40 said:
Is there slack in the arm. Mine is missing the plastic bushing and it hangs in that lower position. Asked CDAN about it and you can't get just the bushing.

There is some slack in the arm. It does not wipe very well. Can you give me more info on the bushing? Where would it be?

Jared

If you remove the rear hatch plastic trim on the inside you will see where the wiper arm attaches to the relay arm (guessing on terminology). There is a small plastic bushing that is supposed to be on the connecting pin. If you move the wiper arm while looking at the connection it' s obvious if it's missing. I'll try for a picture later.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom