What is this thing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Got a bunch of those for free. No idea what they are for. Pretty lightweight stuff, not very sturdy. There seems to be some sort of adjustable clamping feature, kind of like an adjustable pipe clamp friction mechanism, when the "handle" part fits over the square tube. It seems to lock when the tube is pulled. (It has a roller that fits against the tube where it goes through the "handle".) Then can be released by squeezing the handle. But that's all conjecturing. Looks like this is the complete kit minus a couple of small bolts given sealed packages I have.

Somebody knows what this is?

IMG_4371.JPG

IMG_4373.JPG

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the tube mounts to the rectangular plate with the little bracket and guessing that the swiveling plate is supposed to hold something down or together. Kinda like on a welding table. The spring is to hold the handle bits apart, which locks the handle assembly on the tube. But you can't really tighten things up very much besides lowering the swiveling plate on something by pushing down and then releasing the handle. Not exactly very secure. Maybe for gluing something together like paper or cardboard?

^ possible, of course. Simply reverse the sliding assembly and that would work. But I think applications for spreading are probably less common than the reverse.

Anybody?

I look at the pictures, and my mind will not let go of the idea of some weird door latch kit. I think some kind of clamp/spreader is more likely. Maybe for working with composite panels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom