What is this part and do I even need it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is (or was) this little vacuum valve on the side of my intake in the pic below and what does it do?
I pulled the intake and removed the air injection manifold today to finish up my de-smog. For some reason, I removed this little vacuum valve and then could not find it when putting things back together. While I was waiting for the paint to dry on my valve cover, I cleaned up around the garage some and may have thrown it away. I searched the trash, but I can't find it anywhere. I put a plug in the hole and looped the vacuum lines going to it and the truck cranks and runs without it. If it is something I no longer need, I will just leave the plug in place and cap the lines.

f58b76bd-ce36-4eb9-8b4d-988a3c094ce2_zpshnkv8jxe.jpg

image.jpeg
Still haven't found it. This is what mine looks like now.
20160704_182610_zpsusjqucu9.jpg
What year is your LC? I have a 94 and failed smog so I removed the upper manifold and cleaned out all vacuum lines and passages. Smog passed. I think you need it for smog in states like California. They look like the vacuum hoses under the upper manifold.

It's a '92 and I don't have to pass emissions test. I de-smogged the truck. Truck seems to run just fine without it. I'm just not completely sure if I should have removed it or not. Toyota calls it a "gas filter" in the parts diagram. Toyota part number 23265.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom