What is this Cable/sheating? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've never been under a 200 series, curious what this line is? It runs on the outside of the frame on either side and into the hub. Wheelspeed/ABS sensor? I assume not parking brake?
20240219_1108412.jpg

Oh don’t forget to put some oil, grease, whatever onto that place where the parking plate goes i to the brake. Tends to rot away….

Well I feel like an idiot, I thought for sure it was something else. I ask because I'm looking at a truck and one side has the sheathing all mangled up and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a wheelspeed sensor.

Don't feel bad. What other website has a 300+ page thread devoted to stupid questions?

That's why we're all here.

If the sheathing is mangled there’s a decent chance the cable is corroded on the inside, and changing it is a major job. Depending on the side you may need to remove the fuel tank.

If the sheathing is mangled there’s a decent chance the cable is corroded on the inside, and changing it is a major job. Depending on the side you may need to remove the fuel tank
Sounds like a major PITA. I'd likely just cut that side out completely before I dropped the tank. I haven't bought the truck yet though so I'm hoping a better option comes up. 200 shopping isn't great right now :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom