What is the most expensive repair you've had on your 200 / LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I've begun my first 200 build and had someone ask me today what the most expensive repairs are on the 200 series. I really didn't have a lot of information to go on, as I'm new to the 200 scene. So I figured I'd get some input from the people that know.

What's your most expensive repair? How much was it? Tell me more.

I have 2016 that need a new rack and pinion. Happily I have extended warranty so it should cost me nothing. I will find out total bill October 9th when part arrives and I drop it off for the install. I guessing over 3000+. I imagine the most expensive thing would be to replace engine or transmission.

I have 2016 that need a new rack and pinion. Happily I have extended warranty so it should cost me nothing. I will find out total bill October 9th when part arrives and I drop it off for the install. I guessing over 3000+. I imagine the most expensive thing would be to replace engine or transmission.

What were the major indicators that led to the determination you needed a new steering rack?

While I never experienced any of these here are the ones on the top of my head on the 200:

-3UR-FE timing chain tensioner going bad (expensive anytime the motor has to be opened up and retimed)
-cam tower leak ($3k+)
-Any time the front steering rack goes bad (labour intensive, diff comes out)
-AHC pump
-KDSS failing

That's about it I think.

New blower assembly because my recirc door was busted....but covered under warranty.

About $250 in parts for a fuel pump ECU, but my labor was free. Everything else was either preventative maintenance or upgrades.

I’ve had to replace spark plugs and ignition coils on my lc200 due to water damage. I can’t remember the exact cost but it was around $400 IIRC.

I also had the blower assembly replaced due to busted recirc door. Under warranty or it would have been a grand

Toyota dealer and inspection of dust boot on driver side has fluid leak. As it is warranty item I am not arguing with them about it. I cleaned the area when I got home and between now and Oct 9th when they get part in I will see if more fluid shows up.

Hang around here long enough and the most expensive issue is going to be the mod bug that bites you, hard.

Blower motor assembly due to busted recirc door = $1077 parts/labor. Maintenance records for previous owner indicate head unit display replaced under warranty due to consistent malfunction.

I also had the blower assembly replaced due to busted recirc door. Under warranty or it would have been a grand
These recirc doors are broken by negligence, either by dealers or people who self service their air filters without putting it into recirculation mode. That one isn't on Toyota.

I have the cam tower leak, was advised on this forum not to fix it as the $3K+ can “buy a lot of oil”. I tend to agree with them, so I’m not planning to fix it. I don’t see any oil underneath my rig when I park, so it’s likely only seeping.

2013 LX570 with ~165K miles.

Actually the head unit would rival engine tranny replacement. The unit is $8000 and that does not include the $3500 LCD screen.

I think @indycole's engine cost about $15k. But I wouldn't call that a normal repair

My two and only repairs since purchasing my new to me 2013 LC last year have been over $1000. Evap canister for $1000 after owning it only a week and then the radiator last month for $1500. This is my first Toyota and my Chevy buddies won’t let me live it down. Thankfully I purchased an aftermarket warranty so I’ve only had to pay a $100 deductible, but I almost didn’t get the warranty because, well it’s a Toyota.

I've had a few fairly big repairs on my 2010 LX. The biggest repair was the transfer case input seal and transmission output seal for $2400. I also had the valley plate leak and that was about $1200. The radiator went out as well and that repair was $1000. All repairs were done at the dealer and luckily covered by the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom