What is the best way to seafoam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read that if you put it in a bowl and suck it through the PCV hose, but I would like to be certain. Does anyone have a picture of the exact hose that you did it on and saw benefits?

Use the vacuum line right off your brake booster.
Make sure to have someone on the gas pedal to keep your RPMs up around 2-2.5k rpm
Dip the tube onto the bowl of sea foam and watch white smoke appear out tail pipe.
I would dip the tube, then pull it out, then put it back in a few times while doing it so the engine doesn’t stall.

Did it help? No idea really. Hard to determine performance increases....i know it didn’t hurt anything

C3D6FA74-8CB0-4F1A-91F1-1E7A8D59136B.jpeg

Is this good for a diesel 3B too?

It’s snake oil aimed at people with limited mechanical knowledge.
i am of the same mind.

i ran several cans of it through full tanks of gas. on a long road trip last summer in the hopes of clearing out carbon buildup that i assumed was contributing to pinging on hotter days and while climbing slight grades.

the only thing seafoam did was make my oil extremely thin. when i changed it - it poured out like water.

nothing worked to solve my pinging except running premium fuel and a good tune up.

Last edited:
I'm in the snake oil camp. But you do get a nice cloud of thick smoke out of the exhaust, so it has that going for it.

I've used it, the cloud of smoke was very satisfying (not the word my neighbors used.) I saw zero difference afterwards.

There are some videos on YouTube of before/during/after with seafoam and other products. It's worth a few mins of your time to watch them.

I've never used it, but I know for 100% certain that just plain water carefully sucked into the intake when the engine is nice & hot will steam clean the intake manifold, the combustion chambers and the tops of the pistons so they're all sparkly clean.
Although I could never feel the difference, steam cleaning definitely cleaned stuff up.

I think if a water steam clean was done right before every oil change, the combustion chamber would stay squeaky clean.
I never bothered, but everything points to that being the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom