What is the best shop to rebuild a 3B? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FDo5g

GOLD Star
Threads
I was lucky enough to find a used 3B in Canada to swap out for my blown 3B (cylinder sleeves shed into the crankcase after a head gasket change) and now have the aforementioned blown 3B sitting on a pallet while I look for a shop to rebuild it as a spare.

Whee would be the best place for me to ship / send this 3B to be rebuilt with new cylinder sleeves and a head gasket (in addition to whatever else was damaged by the shedded sleeves)?

TYIA for your thoughtful insights and experience!

your local heavy duty diesel machine shop that works on semi's, tractors etc, they understand these things
you'll be in for a good bill though, and you should supply them the toyota parts (toyota only!)

I am in agreement with a local shop that works on diesel engines but it is not absolutely required that it be a Toyota rebuilt kit. You can source a kit from Australia or even Canada such as RaddCruiser or 4wheelauto.

At this point, also order 4 precups for the cylinder head.

Several years ago, I ordered my parts directly from Australia. The kit was branded “Diesel performance parts” and it's probably the kit that every shop specializing in Landcruisers in North America sells.

for gods sake...... use a toyota head gasket though
😆

its funny because.......
I DIDNT DO THAT, 😢

and it didnt work out well for me

Its funny now tho

I still haven't assembled mine with the NON Toyota head gasket, but I look forward to reporting success in spite of the dire warnings from bj70. I took very careful measurements of the liner protrusion and I'm hoping the slightly thinner gasket will work. Or I'll be wrong and I'll have to admit he was right.
You can get most of the rebuild parts you need from Mag Engines in Dubai, prices are better than Canada or Australia and fast shipping.

I will play devil’s advocate here: just buy a 15BFT. You’ll spend the same amount on a motor that is just about a drop in fit that you will rebuilding a motor with way less support.

^^this guy knows things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom