This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
Anyone seen something like this before and know what it is used for?

20231019_132005.jpg

Apologies for the upside-downedness. My camera does what it wants, and Mcirosoft doesn't want to fix photos anymore.

used in labs for chemicals dispensing. Maybe also in Medical environments but the packaging looks way too affordable for that...
Long shot: pottery and clay sculpture but looks insufficiently artsy for that.

Dental tool. Used lots of them in elex repair.

I completely forgot I could search by image...apparently it is an elevator
1697775360631.png

Now the question is, what does it elevate?

Let me Google that for me...
1697775529229.png

A very odd thing to find in a pile of junk machine parts in a salvage yard. This thing has been sitting on my desk for a year, waiting for me to find out what to do with it. Now that I know what it is, I still don't know what to do with it. I'm certainly not performing surgery anytime soon.

I've got a collection of dental tools I use for all sorts of things. They come in handy for scraping and picking at things. Hemostats and scalpels are also pretty useful in the shop.

yes, hemostats are great for holding small stuff and pinching hoses. Keeping my eyes out for those at flea markets. And the real med stuff is usually SS, so, great for that too.

Kind of looks like one of these 🤣 🤣

6153f5838aedf327430ef324_Dab Tools.jpg

I found one like your 1st and 2nd photos along with one or 2 with angled ends in a toolbox I bought at a garage sale and it has come in handy pullling O rings in brake calipers, sliding under and around rubber hoses to loosen them from their metal pipes, and used the hexagonal handle as a good leverage point as it had the right diameter and a flat side so it wouldn't slip to leverage against with a screw driver to pry up the spring loaded tab/clip when replacing the brake lines on the 80. You'll find it useful for something I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom