What is it? Pressure line coming from the center of the turbo crossover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing some maintenance, I realized the line coming from the turbo crossover pipe to the fuel pump was disconnected. I reconnected it and drove around for a minute and did not notice anything other than my green turbo light on my tach coming back on for the first time in months which was kinda funny. I can't find a description or a thread, mainly cause I don't know what it does. I would appreciate some info. It is the line coming out of the "B" in Turbo.

I'm guessing you're talking about the 1hdt? I believe one side should go to the boost sensor for the dash light and the other goes to the boost compensator on the top of the ip.

If it’s a 1hd-t, it should have made a world of difference. It pushes the aneroid pin down under boost pressure

Yes, 1HDT. I have been chasing cold start problems and low idle. But after re attaching, I did not notice anything. I did not give it a good drive yet though. I was really waiting to start it up in the morning when it got cold. But I was hoping to find I fixed an air leak in my fuel filter housing that I just replaced.

What issues could I have expected from this line being disconnected? Or what should I expect to see now (other than a green light on my dash?) I know I have had an air leak that I have been tracing for a couple weeks. But I would be shocked if this was contributing to my problems.

Yeah, shouldn't be anything noticable at idle since there's no boost. You may also want to read about the ACSD on these injection pumps and determine if it's related to that. Your symptoms do sound similar to others reported with either air in the fuel or problems with this cold start device. Lots people opt to just delete it as soon as they can.

If your fuel pin was not being pressed down by boost pressure, then you are going to notice a very big difference once your boost pressure increases

Yeah, shouldn't be anything noticable at idle since there's no boost. You may also want to read about the ACSD on these injection pumps and determine if it's related to that. Your symptoms do sound similar to others reported with either air in the fuel or problems with this cold start device. Lots people opt to just delete it as soon as they can.
I am going to look up ACSD. Not familiar. I am certainly dealing with air in the line. But I hope to see a fix there with a new fuel filter, housing, water sensor and fuel lines. But as for the cold start device, I would only know of a block heater or the fuel heater. I just replaced the fuel heater along with the filter housing. But really, I am not getting cold enough to have to use that. I just replaced it since it was a stock "snow package" option and I decided to keep it. If that is what you are referring to, then it was not that much of a problem to replace OEM. ButI agree, if it causes a problem, I have no reason to keep it and I will replace it with a much simpler housing. It is possible I noticed some increased torque when I started on a steep hill from a stop after replacement. But it was negligible. I am really looking forward to starting up tomorrow morning after freezing temps. That will let me know if anything changed.

Acsd is Automatic Cold Start Device. Uses a thermowax doohicky on a small coolant loop to actuate an arm that adjusts your pump timing to idle nicer when cold. Most people remove it because after some time the pin can break off and cause damage to the injection pump guts.

I removed mine, since I'm normally parked indoors, but after the handful of times I've had to park outdoors on even just -15c nights I'm probably going to put it back on. At 130k I couldn't see any real wear to the pin, but results may vary, I guess.

That's a new one. Definitely want to check that out. If it is relatively easy to replace then I suppose it would be worth replacing on a semi regular basis. Given the condition of plastic items in my engine compartment, I need to check it soon.

Well, just did a little research. Can't believe I have been working on this truck for a year and haven't seen anything about the ASCD yet. Is there a page that might tell me about all the little time bombs waiting for me??? Luckily I don't have a PHH in this thing. The ASCD is next. At least that hasn't been the problem with my cold start. Turned out to be the water separator/drain on the bottom of the fuel filter. Just started this morning in freezing temps. Started right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom