What headlights to get? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the Hella come in DOT and NON-DOT the NON DOT are better ... the first mud hole I hit with the DOT one filled with mud and I could never get it back out

I think that IPF/Hella are a waste of money.

I get the sylvania extended life ultra deluxe bright a$$ lamps from Checker for $12 a piece.
They are plenty bright for all of my purposes...

Tigerstripe40 said:

I get the sylvania extended life ultra deluxe bright a$$ lamps from Checker for $12 a piece.

Night and day difference James, I have the Sylvania's in my truck now, and although they are an improvment, they are nothing compared to the IPF's I just put in a customers 40. And a relay system is the proper way to run the headlights IMHO, even the stocklights draw alot of current all the way from the battery, thru the switch (which is known for shorting) and back to the headlights. You can releive alot of stress on your system by wiring it on a dual relay system and get alot more power out of your lights.

But for your truck... the sylvanias are fine ;):D

cruiseroutfit said:
Night and day difference James, I have the Sylvania's in my truck now, and although they are an improvment, they are nothing compared to the IPF's I just put in a customers 40. And a relay system is the proper way to run the headlights IMHO, even the stocklights draw alot of current all the way from the battery, thru the switch (which is known for shorting) and back to the headlights. You can releive alot of stress on your system by wiring it on a dual relay system and get alot more power out of your lights.

But for your truck... the sylvanias are fine ;):D

I run my headlights through a relay...

Tigerstripe40 said:

No offense, but there's a WORLD of difference. The Sylvanias may be good enough for you, and they're good enough for me too just buzzing around town and down the Interstate. But I had CIBIE eurobeam lenses on my MG and there is no comparison to any sealed beam light I've ever used. Can't believe it until you've seen it kind of a deal.

Don't know how IPF or any others stack up against CIBIE. Definitely cheaper by half, but CIBIE has a long history of rally lighting. They are awesome lenses. :)

i forgot when i did my first post that i have the hella non-dot on my truck.

mike

I expect from past use of Cibie lights that they are as good or better then the IPF.

theo said:
No offense, but there's a WORLD of difference. The Sylvanias may be good enough for you, and they're good enough for me too just buzzing around town and down the Interstate. But I had CIBIE eurobeam lenses on my MG and there is no comparison to any sealed beam light I've ever used. Can't believe it until you've seen it kind of a deal.

Don't know how IPF or any others stack up against CIBIE. Definitely cheaper by half, but CIBIE has a long history of rally lighting. They are awesome lenses. :)

Once you actually drive through some water you will appreciate the sealed beams..

If you never submerge your headlights get whatever is brightest..

But for me. I prefer the knowledge that they will not leak to a brighter light..

Mace said:
Once you actually drive through some water you will appreciate the sealed beams..

If you never submerge your headlights get whatever is brightest..

But for me. I prefer the knowledge that they will not leak to a brighter light..

Where do you find that much water...I thought you weren't supposed to drive through flash flood conditions. :flipoff2:

I think I'll take my chances with the non-sealed, give me another incentive not to get washed away downstream

Give and take, the non sealed typically are a lot brighter.

I have swamped my truck pretty good (over the hood) at the springs (rubicon) and other places as well. Typically it is not intentional when I get into deep water. But it does happen..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom