What have you been doing with your Toyota? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most of the fleet is out of storage or switched to summer tires. Just a few more rigs left to get setup for summer
8BCCDE0F-9AD1-4008-AB6D-D9E04D370CD7.jpeg
099D1452-69EC-4C55-AD37-10349A8CE3B2.jpeg
A7BE1119-5D3D-4AF6-A9C6-26E8D61CCBEC.jpeg
9CB64914-0F3B-44FF-8A20-C0B0D2C2ADF8.jpeg

Please share your impressions of the G003s.
It is still a little early to tell. I only have about 40 miles on them. Also i am changeing form a pair of WORN Stt Pro 285/75/16. to a set of new 315/75/16. So they feel really different. Some of it is the loss of power and gearing change. Which is why i need to install my transfer case with new gears. But they are MUCH quieter than the old worn tires. I would think they are quiter than the Coopers even when they were new. I can actually hear my engine, exhaust nouse and wind noise from the rack now. Kind of strange to hear all these "new" noises. To me the wind noise is louder than these tires. The steering feels a little lighter, dont know if that is a good thing. The shop had them set at almost 50 PSI. I dropped them down to 40 which helped. I will drop them some more down to about 36 maybe.

I swapped out the 40 year old 2-point seat belts for new 3-point belts from Cool Cruisers. I also got new lap belts for the rear jump seats. I'm a little bummed to lose the Toyota logo buckles, but the safety benefit of a shoulder belt feels worth it.

This weekend I replaced a seized front brake caliper and the rotor it chewed up. Also new front brake pads and new lspv. Repacked wheel bearings while i was in there. Also got the Delta V.S. radius arms and panhard lift bracket installed. New bushings in the panhard rods.
Also got the broken drill bit and seized bolt out of the rear sway bar mount. Ordered new brackets to put the rear sway back on. Also ordered new drivers door handle and latch for the rear.

Well after 4 years of leaking I finally replaced to power steering high pressure line on the 80. You people that came on the morrison last year saw my mark on every corner 😂 For what ever reason it only hemorrhaged at full turn but now that I have replaced that I discovered that the steering gear box is in need of a reseal. I have a spare 80 box so I'll reseal that one and swap it on and then rebuild the current one and keep as a spare. I also rebuilt 1 of 2 front drive shafts that I have and will hopefully be able to do the 2nd one this weekend. Maybe my truck will have zero vibrations after next weekend.

IMG_20190421_110249.jpg
IMG_20180721_220648.jpg

Well after 4 years of leaking I finally replaced to power steering high pressure line on the 80. You people that came on the morrison last year saw my mark on every corner 😂 For what ever reason it only hemorrhaged at full turn but now that I have replaced that I discovered that the steering gear box is in need of a reseal. I have a spare 80 box so I'll reseal that one and swap it on and then rebuild the current one and keep as a spare. I also rebuilt 1 of 2 front drive shafts that I have and will hopefully be able to do the 2nd one this weekend. Maybe my truck will have zero vibrations after next weekend.

View attachment 1959387View attachment 1959388
If you are into needless over priced mods like all of us there is a stronger OEM steering box shaft and arm available for the 80 that is from a 105. It looks like a great upgrade that will avoid twisting. but it aint cheap. I think around 400 for just the parts. I think there are around 3 parts. The main one is the main shaft, then the arm and maybe a few other smaller parts.

Finally got my new tranfercase installed. Should have been a simple job but as always i made it complicated. 10% under drive high range gears, 25% under drive Marline low range gears and part time kit. Just drove it around the block. Gearing feels so much better with 315s on it. Yes there is noise from the gears. you can hear it from 20-45MPH. Worst at about 45 then wind noise covers it up. I dropped it in low range. The speedo does not even move before it shifts into 2nd in low range. You definitely are not driving around in low range with these gears. But crawling should be nice.

If you are into needless over priced mods like all of us there is a stronger OEM steering box shaft and arm available for the 80 that is from a 105. It looks like a great upgrade that will avoid twisting. but it aint cheap. I think around 400 for just the parts. I think there are around 3 parts. The main one is the main shaft, then the arm and maybe a few other smaller parts.
Yeah I know about this and fortunately can get great prices on that and the pitman arm/nut and will most likely do it since large tires are coming after this wheeling season. Need some 37's for rubithon 2020, I'm really tired of running that trail on 33's

The 105 shaft is a good mod. I've seen a few 80 gearboxes with twisted splines.

Yeah I know about this and fortunately can get great prices on that and the pitman arm/nut and will most likely do it since large tires are coming after this wheeling season. Need some 37's for rubithon 2020, I'm really tired of running that trail on 33's

I am really interested in this mod. Let me know when you do the box rebuild and maybe i will come take a look at it all.

I would not mind runnig the Rubicon but 35" are the limit for me. I am hoping 35s, crawl gears, armor, lockers and maybe chromoly birfeilds will work. I will have to be easy on the steering and the front diff. As i am typing this i am thinking i should machine the litle bit off the rear axle so if it twists i can still get it out...never ending.

Finally got this:
je38xjv.jpg

into this:
tClWiNP.jpg

Notice the little knob near the filler. I was able to get it all installed and plumed except the small fill line that transfers into the main tank and the wiring. I will be using a simple transfer pump and a simple switch as Land cruiser phil did. I have to drive 2000 miles in a few days so i have to call it good for now. I will get it wired up over this summer.

Wrapping up my fridge/stove slide combo and drawers...
7FA8337E-3EAB-434B-839B-B85B30E878CC.jpeg
7BBB168C-9C5D-434D-8662-6872F001F33A.jpeg

Johnny, I am seriously considering running Rubithon in 2020 as well in the 40... version 3.0 by then. I hope to be locked front and rear, new cage and suspension by then. I'd love to hear you out on how to plan for this one. It's a haul from here but I gotta' do it before the greenies get their hands on closing that trail. It's on the top of my big 3 must do trails that I haven't done.

horn replaced, passenger side front rock light ground wire repaired, Aux port with dual USB and voltage readout and additional 3 port Aux box installed, oil changed., spark plugs replaced. the list is getting smaller!! #MOABFallClassis2019 !!!

KIMG2439.JPG

KIMG2436.JPG

horn replaced, passenger side front rock light ground wire repaired, Aux port with dual USB and voltage readout and additional 3 port Aux box installed, oil changed., spark plugs replaced. the list is getting smaller!! #MOABFallClassis2019 !!!

View attachment 1964169

View attachment 1964171
No updates on the coolest mod yet? The multi function hood prop?

I do like the USB. Very usful, but my Blue Sea does charge kind of slow. Maybe yours will do better.

No updates on the coolest mod yet? The multi function hood prop?

I do like the USB. Very usful, but my Blue Sea does charge kind of slow. Maybe yours will do better.

lol.. the hood prop is procautionary. the light bar that's on the hood is a bit heavy. once I remove it I shouldn't need it anymore.

KIMG2294.JPG

Johnny, I am seriously considering running Rubithon in 2020 as well in the 40... version 3.0 by then. I hope to be locked front and rear, new cage and suspension by then. I'd love to hear you out on how to plan for this one. It's a haul from here but I gotta' do it before the greenies get their hands on closing that trail. It's on the top of my big 3 must do trails that I haven't done.
Next time I see you I'll let you know all about it! Definitely need to get there before it gets shut done, hopefully it doesn't happen anytime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom