What do you make of this rust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at this rig originally from Salt Lake and surprised at what I see. Supposedly it has never been wrecked or refinished. Is this worth messing with or not? I'm thinking not. 99 with 188k. Rear locker doesn't engage and ABS light on most of time (maybe ABS actuator?) What price would make this worth it? Thanks.

Images don't load...I get a window saying that your (I guess) email provider is asking me to log in.

As to wreck questions, run a carfax for starters. You can also stick the vin number into the Toyota owners website and see when, where, and whether or not any dealer services were done.

Not sure on the image thing. It comes up for me. But basically there is bad bubbling paint and rust around the front pillar and windshield.

Ditto on the images (not visible).

According to NADA a 1999 in SLC with 188k:
  • Clean retail - $11,375
  • Clean trade-in - $8,500
Rear locker not engaging could be either mechanical or electric (ask me how I know).

ABS requires some troubleshooting. What's the code?

At that mileage, you are also walking into a timing belt install. Factor that into the price. I bought a 2000 that the interior wasn't perfect and neither was the exterior, 188k miles for $8900. But had a stack of maintenance records from the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom