What do good hard doors cost? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ran across some really clean hard doors which were from a 1978 FJ40. No real rust(a little surface about the size of a dime) and the door panels, windows, etc. were all in really good shape. Still had the original paint. The seller wanted $400.00 each. How does this price compare to what all of you have seen clean used doors go for? Also had some doors off of a 1973+/- that were the "old style" for about $275.00 each. Which would be better for a '78 FJ40? Thanks.

i'd hold out if i were you. you can find great doors for $400/pair and good doors for $200/pr

DEFTINATLY go with the doors off the '78. They have better windo regs, and are monoframe which doesn't rattle like the pre 75 doors. I am hoping to sometime put 75+ doors on my '74, they just rattle to damn much.

Bailey, if rattles are your main problem, you may want to try doing adjustments before you buy new doors, or you could find yourself with the same problem. New seals, and adjustment of the hinges is critical. Each hinge has 4 bolts inside and 3 bolts outside which can be used to realign the doors, and the latch is adjustable, too.

If my rattletrap doors could be totally quieted, I expect yours can, too!

I got a set of really nice doors for 200. new glass, and good metal. I think you could find some good ones for cheap if you keep looking.

$400 for each door is too much, for the pair OK. The 75 + doors are all around much nicer. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom