Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the standard compression range Will? Seems like they are all within a decent percentage of one another which would make things "healthy" but then again I don't know what stock compression is on the 1FZ.
Somewhere around 150 is to be expected.
I think I've heard 5-10% variation.
#1 is 14% under #3,5,6, and 9% under the average of all 6. It probably just needs to be watched for a while, but it's a bit unnerving.

Garage is prepped for insertion of the FJ40. It has developed an incontinence issue in it's old age hence the Cruiser equivalent of a puppy pad.
16133333488372426672661225584207.jpg

Hey thats nice. Wish I had done that in the early days. But we had a mini and three cruisers that share your problem. Reminds me of training the little doggy. I can't believe that my starter is still ticking after 51 years. Knock on wood. That a real reason to stay OEM.

Took the 62 out today for a drive and some wheeling. Seems to have fixed the trans issues for now. Cold start was good. Engaged all the gears and drove better than it ever has.
All it needed was an Italian tuneup... lol...

Probably just oily and corroded inside. Disassemble, clean, file, grease, reassemble. Good for another few years..

Dan I have a v type crimper for battery cables ...if you want to remake the battery cables...I can leave it out or drop it by..
Thanks for the offer but the cables are relatively new.

Probably just oily and corroded inside. Disassemble, clean, file, grease, reassemble. Good for another few years..
Could be, it has survived many Fordyce crossings. I have a re-man starter that arrived today. No core charge so I'll probable do as you suggested and put the old starter in the spare parts cache.

I have been working on getting all the “retro”stainless steel, that someone in Japan thought was cool, off the big girl. I was afraid that it was holding water against the paint, and I was correct. Driver (RHD) side completed. Found some awesome Toyota stickers, and a couple paint bubbles. My birthday is tomorrow, and I’m going to be hanging out with the family, so I’m not sure if I can get to the other side this weekend.

Also, been getting together a “wish list” for parts to purchase/install this spring.

So far to install:
Gturbo Grunter, whenever it makes the flight from Down Under
Fab, and install, new 3” exhaust

To purchase:
ARMOR!!! I’m looking at Delta VS front, and rear bumpers. If I go this route, I’ll need to sell my factory winch and dealer optioned aluminum front bumper.
If I purchase a new front bumper, then I’ll need a new winch.
White knuckle step sliders
Rewound/upgraded alternator (only have a 60 amp)
Maybe switch to a 12v starter and sell the 24v stuff.
Rewire all battery cables, and alternator cables.
New injectors, or have Diamond Diesel rebuild them
New catch can
Wholesale Automatic HD transmission valve body
Large transmission cooler!!! This is a must do.
Birfield rebuild kits, would like to upgrade the axles while in there.
All new brakes (upgrade to the 94+ fronts), and front stainless lines. Already have all the rest.
Tools needed to timing the injection pump
Timing belt kit. It was done 25k km ago, but that was in 2011!

Like all “hobbies”, Land Cruisers are a never ending list of expensive parts. But, this is what I signed up for.

C8B10A67-153E-4961-877C-0AF67B18CCFF.jpeg

Delta VS Bumpers... Wow! That's like close to 8K in bumpers my friend. :) I am getting their center console and shifter surround kits as well as their rear cargo solution.
1613692365058.png

I plan to order Emu Wings from Australia and the Delta cargo solution will create handy little cubbies accessible from the outside of the vehicle.

Delta VS Bumpers... Wow! That's like close to 8K in bumpers my friend. :) I am getting their center console and shifter surround kits as well as their rear cargo solution.
View attachment 2589709

I plan to order Emu Wings from Australia and the Delta cargo solution will create handy little cubbies accessible from the outside of the vehicle.
Yeah, the bumpers, optioned the way I want, are $6275. The wife really likes how the rear can transform with how we’re going to use it, then, with her OCD, the front has to match.

Yeah, the bumpers, optioned the way I want, are $6275. The wife really likes how the rear can transform with how we’re going to use it, then, with her OCD, the front has to match.
Never let her go.

That's awesome! My wife is the one who said I needed to find something more comfortable if I wanted her to go "overlanding" with me. So now we own an 80... No one EVER let her ride in a 100 or 200 please! ;)

That's awesome! My wife is the one who said I needed to find something more comfortable if I wanted her to go "overlanding" with me. So now we own an 80... No one EVER let her ride in a 100 or 200 please! ;)
Yeah, even the adults in my back seat were reasonably comfortable yesterday. You will appreciate the difference.

I have actually replaced my front seats with Jdm STI seats. My stock VX limited driver’s seat frame cracked and bent. I now have very comfortable seats, they just sit a bit too high for me. I’ll end up using them for a while, but I’ll be looking for something else.

Yeah, even the adults in my back seat were reasonably comfortable yesterday. You will appreciate the difference.

I got out ahead of everyone in the mud bog just so I could watch everyone come out. I think every single person had a smile from ear-to-ear! There's just something about playing in the mud that we never grow out of! :) I had intended to go out and wash the Bronco today... then I saw it and was like "nope!" I'll get to it eventually. Glad you guys all made it, Kel and I love Owen!!!

I have actually replaced my front seats with Jdm STI seats. My stock VX limited driver’s seat frame cracked and bent. I now have very comfortable seats, they just sit a bit too high for me. I’ll end up using them for a while, but I’ll be looking for something else.

I am gonna order the seat bracket extenders from LANDTANK to give us a few more inches of let room and I may eventually pony up for some Scheel-Mann Vario XL seats too... But the pair is $5K so it'll have to wait quite a while.

I am gonna order the seat bracket extenders from LANDTANK to give us a few more inches of let room and I may eventually pony up for some Scheel-Mann Vario XL seats too... But the pair is $5K so it'll have to wait quite a while.
I have long legs, and If I were turning this into a two-seater I would add the extensions. But as-is, with the back seats folded up for cargo, I have to run the front seats forward a bit to fully fold the back seats and it's not uncomfortable. Seating position is a little bus like, but I've done hundreds of miles offroad at a time that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom