Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (1 Viewer)

Tony_Farson

Club President
GOLD Star

Made some good progress on the tub today! Got the passenger bedside in but it still needs some more tacks, then I need to sand them down and even the panel out with a hammer and dolly. Ryan and Tai are amazing and did most of the hard work but I got to do lots of prep work, some hammer and dolly work, I patch some unneeded holes on the floor boards. So much more to do... one of those Aquila tubs might have been a better option, but 💸💸💸💸

PXL_20201011_004936713.jpg

PXL_20201011_004944466.jpg

Once the panel is in place we have to... cut it up. I have to add the second filler neck opening for the auxiliary tank and we will likely be moving both wheel wells back at least two inches. I have a set of spare arches for that purpose. Other things that need to get done is the driver's bed side, rear sill and cover, finish patching unwanted holes, mount the tub to the rolling chassis to measure the wheel opening and get the cage welded up. Then I have to take the tub and the cage for media blasting and powder (on the cage). Then it is filler, primer, liner, seam sealer, and paint time!

Tony_Farson

Club President
GOLD Star

I took a quick trip to Missoula to pickup a perfect set of FJ62 seats for my 40 project. I'll be giving this upholstery set to a friend of mine and having these covered in leather and installing seat heaters. This was before I cleaned them. The few spots visible in these pics are now gone.

PXL_20201018_151002760.MP.jpg

PXL_20201018_151012700.jpg

I'll be heading back down to @hairy_apple's place this Saturday to continue work on the tub. Springs should on their way back to me next week or the week after.

Tony_Farson

Club President
GOLD Star

Got the driver's bedside in and almost fully welded. We started smoothing out the passenger's bedside and found a few trouble spots we need to work out. Both sides should be ready for body work (seam sealer, filler, etc.) soon, though that will wait a bit. Next up will be the rear sill and sill cover as well as a patch for the passenger outer sill. Then it is on to filling a billion extra holes made by the PO. So not awesome!

PXL_20201031_194559026.jpg

PXL_20201031_234810864.jpg

PXL_20201031_194624215.jpg

As usual @hairy_apple and @Blackcat37 (Tai) for their incredible talents and hard work. Hardly any of this was my doing... I just goffer while I am there.

Tony_Farson

Club President
GOLD Star

It is like groundhog day... Mounted the springs... again. Still not where I want them, but I am going with it and will deal with them later. Atlas said they would do another round on them once the 40 was fully loaded and running, so I will take them up on that offer. If they fail me for a third time, then I plan to order springs from Alcan and do an SOA.

PXL_20201107_215117447.jpg

PXL_20201107_215057007.MP.jpg

They even did the axle push the wrong way. I got the rear axle that far back by mounting the military wrap on the shackle instead of the frame.

Tony_Farson

Club President
GOLD Star

Ahhhhh crap! :bang: . They are useless. How can they get is so wrong again. I mean springs are there specialty right? Not good advertising.
Yeah... @reklund5 and I spent half the day cussing them out under our breath. I will haul the 40 to them once it is assembled (minus shocks and drive lines). For now, I am going to worry about it later.

Last edited:

I ordered parts through Toyota last week, then had an unpleasant conversation with their customer service guy about not getting the first two emails, before they cancelled my order, because the parts weren't in stock. Nice to see some Antifa members had to go back to work after their unemployment ran out....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom