Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine won't leak, I am positive that they are going to stay right where they are.......

No negative waves Moriarty......
think positive its a beautiful day....
and they will never leak.... lol...

now if I could just find the bolts for the front driveshaft.....

Fixed the parking brake arms. They seized up this winter. Had to hammer the steel sleeves out of the aluminum housings... Great plan Toyota. Sheet metal sleeve inside aluminum. What could possibly go wrong??

I went to see Georg and picked all of this up!

I'm glad I prepaid back in December! They'd be there for a few more months collecting dust if I owed him. Now they can collect dust here at home. This is a bit of a milestone as every major component is complete and back in my posession. Now... I need to get the body work on the tub finished and the modifications to the frame done so I can get them both off my property to media blast (and powder on the chassis). Then I can start working on a rolling chassis and collecting all the small bits. The temptation to stop resto and just put it all back together as a rolling project is EXTREMELY STRONG!!! :stop:

Came in through Soldier Meadow, through Fly Canyon, up through High Rock past the cave and the graffiti. We turned back just past the bend in the canyon where the trail goes up and over the bend. I guess that is just past where Mahogany Creek comes in. Then we turned back and left via Smoky Canyon.

The Build Phase has Officially Begun!

Chassis Mods are Done!
Well with more than a little help from my friend @hairy_apple, the frame modifications are complete and I just have 12 bolts and four bushings to pull before I can drop this thing off for powder coating.

Ryan does some outstanding fabrication and welding. He was able to salvage the ridiculously poor quality Saginaw power steering "kit" into something usable. My rear shackle mounts are reversed and the front chassis forks are fully boxed.

We took our new 2019 Sequoia over Sunrise pass. It’s first real trail run. The girls really like being able to see out of the back better than in the FJC.

(No, we did not trade in the FJ)

We took our new 2019 Sequoia over Sunrise pass. It’s first real trail run. The girls really like being able to see out of the back better than in the FJC. (No, we did not trade in the FJ)

Pics of the new rig?!

White with fucshia goes to yellow with baby blue, goes to black with orange into Junction J-1, exits prong C7 to blue with red to pole J4 to....

White with fucshia goes to yellow with baby blue, goes to black with orange into Junction J-1, exits prong C7 to blue with red to pole J4 to....
Is it red with blue stripe or red with green stripe?

Red-green with yellow border cause red/ green is dome light..red/green w/yellow border is ecm O2.... Unless it's in the tail light section, then red/green is left turn signal..:)

The gas can mount I bought from Front Runner didn't work out, and I need cans on the roof for the next month, so I went with a much cheaper solution - 2x2, wood screws, and cinch straps.

The front runner mounts have some potential, but I'd have to turn the straps into more of a cage and bend the walls of the basket out a little. Decide later.

IMG_20190730_175808262_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190730_214610269.jpg

IMG_20190730_175751914.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom