What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the master cylinder proactively and ran a half gallon of brake fluid through the system to bleed and flush. The pedal now creeps slowly down instead of getting completely firm. ARGH :bang:

Check this post:

Check this post:

Good call on the metric inverted flare plugs - Just ordered a set.

I didn't change out my booster, so I didn't think to mess with the pushrod. I'll try individual circuit bleeds when the plugs come in and see if I do any better.

And He said, let there be light!

Got the LED lights working on the new plate mount. Pulled power from the tow harness. I’ll button it up tomorrow and make it permanent. Thinking of also adding a little inline dimmer so I can knock down the brightness to match the rest of the exterior lighting.

7187D05A-A012-4E8A-AA7F-5CE2A09F85FB.jpeg
F86509A0-5656-40FD-93CA-E162C874A3E6.jpeg

Drove out to the desert, hung out with some jeep guys, made some pizza. The guy with the white rubicon, it was basically his first time doing any serious wheeling. It was fun to watch him go from "holy s***" to "I can do this" over the course of the day. :) The jeep was totally stock except for some cheesy accessories. It dragged belly A LOT :eek:

18569.jpeg

20210506_204712.jpg

20210506_125518.jpg
18577.jpeg

Last edited:
Drove out to the desert, hung out with some jeep guys, made some pizza. The guy with the white rubicon, it was basically his first time doing any serious wheeling. It was fun to watch him go from "holy s***" to "I can do this" over the course of the day. :) The jeep was totally stock except for some cheesy accessories. It dragged belly A LOT :eek:

View attachment 2669594

View attachment 2669593

View attachment 2669595View attachment 2669604
Yes, to the "cheesy accessories". :) It's always fun to take someone new to wheeling out for the first time.

Yes, to the "cheesy accessories". :) It's always fun to take someone new to wheeling out for the first time.
Big astrix on that. Always fun to take responsible people wheeling for the first time. Had a few buddies over the years that were less than ideal their first times out. An affinity for the skinny pedal shattering axles or no concept of how hard it can be to get a truck out of a muskeg meadow can make for a stained weekend.

Something else in the driveway

76893458-9DBD-4FEA-B03D-5FB5A8388B52.jpeg

First off, Happy Mother's day to all the mom's in our lives.

Decided to go "ABS delete" when I do my conversion.

Used this YT vid as a reference. If you're on this forum, let me know so I can properly @ and shout you out. 🤙🏽

tempImagerqvvs7.png

tempImage8k8Lqh.png

Hung this thing on my mirror.

20210509_142558.jpg

I had a friend that was supposed to come visit and we were going to spend the week road tripping through southern Ut to Moab. Well dude flaked out Friday night so now I have spent the weekend visiting mom and planning/prepping for a shorter solo trip.
I will be heading out tomorrow morning to go spend a few days camping and exploring the Henry mtn's somewhere in-between Canyonlands NP and Capitol Reef NP.

Gave it a birthday of sorts

Genuine spark plug leads
OE spark plugs
Dizzy seals rotor and cap
Vacuum hoses all replaced
Valve cover reseal using OEM
OE crank seal
OE oil pump seal

None of the stuff that's picture worthy but it doesn't leak oil anymore so that's a bonus. Just got to reseal the pan and everything is done.

Made the world's most ugly adaptor to hold the crank but it worked a treat

20210508_123733.jpg

20210508_145308.jpg

20210508_162408.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom