What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend?

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor

I had ~2 weeks 700 trail miles planned for Death Valley that was cut short due to a failure on my travel partners rig.

Lost all the studs and two studs broke off but I had a couple new stud kits in my rarely seen repair parts to get it back to Scottsdale.

We were a little early with all the weather a lot of the good trails are still closed. Im going with everything happens for a reason and we plan to go back and finish in a couple weeks and hopefully all the trails will be open.

Did get to run Hole -in-the-wall

And Echo Canyon

Box Rocket

SILVER Star

Brought home a new project truck for my second son to go with the other project truck for my first son. Some might recognize this one.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Also, picked up a new SnoMaster 56L dual zone fridge from EHO to replace my old ARB/Engel. The ARB still works great but I've wanted a dual zone for a while. Still deciding whether or not to keep the ARB or sell it. If you're interested in it, PM me and we'll chat. I could be talked into selling for a decent price.

Box Rocket

SILVER Star

One more thing that might interest some. Still need to complete my hoodscoop/vent project and have been looking for good vent candidates. The popular Pontiac GTP vents or Jeep Grand Cherokee vents are difficult to find. I found these ebay vents marketed for the Ford Focus RS MK2 that are similar in size to the GTP and Jeep vents. I like the low profile design of these. They won't stick up above the hood much but be more recessed. Still need to install them, but I actually ordered a set of different vents to try also so I'm waiting for those to show up and decide which I want to use.

One more thing that might interest some. Still need to complete my hoodscoop/vent project and have been looking for good vent candidates. The popular Pontiac GTP vents or Jeep Grand Cherokee vents are difficult to find. I found these ebay vents marketed for the Ford Focus RS MK2 that are similar in size to the GTP and Jeep vents. I like the low profile design of these. They won't stick up above the hood much but be more recessed. Still need to install them, but I actually ordered a set of different vents to try also so I'm waiting for those to show up and decide which I want to use.
is the big scoop universal ?? i m looking for one in that size but no luck finding one

I'm digging the stock height, stock wheels look set off just right with the ATs. Clean.
Thanks! its actually probably a bit less than stock since the springs are original from 94' and have put in their time. I'm looking at the Dobinsons 1.75" lift to bump it up a bit while still looking good with the 285/75/16's.

CYKBC

SILVER Star
Thanks! its actually probably a bit less than stock since the springs are original from 94' and have put in their time. I'm looking at the Dobinsons 1.75" lift to bump it up a bit while still looking good with the 285/75/16's.
While I'm fully enjoying my OEM+ build (OME 2.5s, 35s, 4.88s, zero body mods), I wouldn't cry foul at all to revert back to full stock mode. Keep on truckin' dude! Miss the PNW green.

Also diggin' those retro OR plates. :D

Edit: added photo

file-4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom