What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Renewed and updated the 2 heavy LPG tanks at the back under the cabin (instead for the gastank), added new shocks around and leveled it out with the springs.

Afterwards I took a picture of it

Cleaned up the 2" progressive coil lift thats been sitting in my garage for almost a year. Time to list it in the classifieds!

Last weekend I installed all these torque multiplication goodies, basically refreshed the entire transfer case with newness!

Last edited:
XJ 5.9L hood vent
They're actually from a 1998 Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. Only available that one year with that engine and hood vents.

I do think they are by far the best looking hood vent around.

Is Friday the weekend ? Eh, details.....

Decided to really try and get my money outta Joey’s ‘useless cubby insert’, after my great Switch-pro’s install, so I added a RAM mount configuration to hold my iPad 4 mini that I use for navigation.

Came out pretty good, quite happy......

Pulled the dealer installed alarm. Was malfunctioning and enabling the kill switch on the ignition intermittently. Haven't used the remote in years so rather not be stranded by it again. My ride had the far less common Rostra system under the dash.

Worked on all the cruisers today.

After waiting forever for me to get the time, my daughter and I finally got some much needed maintenance done on her 80. Tie rods, 4 rotors, pads, right front axle seal.
20190309_172200.jpg

That’s an awesome build! Looks almost OEM it’s so clean. Is there a build thread / mods list somewhere? Love the wheels, roof rack, and blacked out trim...

Is Friday the weekend ? Eh, details.....

Decided to really try and get my money outta Joey’s ‘useless cubby insert’, after my great Switch-pro’s install, so I added a RAM mount configuration to hold my iPad 4 mini that I use for navigation.

Came out pretty good, quite happy......

View attachment 1922757

I see you're making use of the Wit's End useless cubby insert. Would you mind telling me how you keep your iPad mount from sagging down/unthreading from the mount?

Oil change, transfer case oil change, emptied coalascent filter, topped off oil in my York compressor, washed the road grime off it, installed the RTT, set up a new air hose, and installed a new brake booster from @arcteryx

My oem booster made it to 360k miles before going out. At the time there were two options. New from Toyota, which was around $800 iirc, and there were remans from local parts stores for $200-250ish. In the past 55k miles, I’ve swapped out 5 or 6 remain ones from orielleys due to failures or inconsistent feelings.

New booster feels exactly like it should and gets progressively harder as the pedal is pushed down unlike just about every reman booster I’ve had. Very happy and ready for Utah and Colorado next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom