What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (86 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I am starting to put panels on and already finding out that I may have to redo the way I have the wits End qpm. Just move around the fuses and maybe the Whelen relay controller. But I may just cut out a huge removable panel to ease access. But I will just start assembling things for now to get a feel for where I want things. Then once I am comfortable with the layout and how things work I will tidy up the wiring. Anyhow, this is the Whelen relay control panel up by the mirror.
View attachment 1838769 View attachment 1838770
I may even go ahead and stick the headliner back on now. I think I will stick the CB and Ham in the center console.
The Relay controller shows an indicator LED when the circuit is on at the relay controller and at the control unit up front. If there is a fault, the one at the relay controller should show a blinking LED.
View attachment 1838786

Do those lights dim at night? Otherwise you should consider mounting them lower. I have a three gauge A pillar pod, I dislike driving with it on at night, rather not be able to see the gauges than have the light in my view for night driving

Do those lights dim at night? Otherwise you should consider mounting them lower. I have a three gauge A pillar pod, I dislike driving with it on at night, rather not be able to see the gauges than have the light in my view for night driving
They dont dim, but in person they are not that bright. I left a bunch of slack in the cable incase I end up having to move it.

A horn from a junkyard Sequoia is plug and play after reclocking the bracket. I did one to test first and may go back to get another, but the two tones are attention grabbing.

3D1B2EDD-635B-44AA-9387-4C24638B5DA1.jpeg

Took the lady out for a surprise weekend to Hawke's Bay(wine country here on the North Island of NZ). It was overcast and raining most the weekend but managed to take this shot on the drive home. Patiently waited out in the rain for about 20 min for the slightest bit of clearing in the clouds to snap this shot.

DSCF0674.jpg

FDE44E87-DD2B-467A-A2A9-7FA22B39E802.jpeg
B8303E2A-DCE7-4ECC-B522-6AF0297A12E2.jpeg
655DA9D2-A6C0-4E94-BB1C-62231FB19175.jpeg
Forgot how beautiful new Toyota belts are. Took care of some belt noises.

@248,8xx mi.

A little touch of OCD there with lining up those belts. I wonder how long they stay aligned and how crazy it will drive you if the slip out of sequence :bounce:

It's the details; good to do when working on the 80. I assume they are no longer aligned. Haven't checked.

Tightened up the new (unused <5min) to around 120 using the Kriket device. Started them up, nice and quiet...then a squeal that sounded like a very small jet (live near an airbase) came and went in about a second. Then back to quiet engine noises. I assume that was the sound of the belts that indicates they have been used for more than 5 minutes.

Will check alignment and retest belts tomorrow.

Decided to pull apart the Supercharger to rebuild it replace bearing oil and coupling. Im a tad nervous but its on now. making a video along the way for bett
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
er or worse.

Did a bunch of light upgrades. New LED bulbs, wired a light bar, cleaned some plastic and removed some rust created by moisture while roof was leaking from PO

Builds - Bushdoctor' LX 450 - 80's Build Progress - "Berky"

The pic shows some blurr but in reality its really crisp and dimmable if needed.

upload_2018-11-25_20-31-13.png

SNAGHTML5d37ef47.PNG

Bought a little Miata to get around town. It’s so much fun to drive and it’s amazing driving 275 miles then putting 8 gallons of gas in it to fill it back up.

This will give me the opportunity to do some stuff to the 80 I have been holding off on as I need it ready to go everyday for school.

Basic idea is
New seats
Fix sunroof rattle
PHH finally
New heater valve
Deflare and weld the holes
Maybeeee new front and rear bumper with winch

Nothing to crazy it’ll be nice to be able to take my time with it though and do it right

View attachment 1838369

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

unless, it's Land Cruiser...

Love me an NA Miata, it's pure automotive goodness. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom