What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my washer diverter valve and it didn't fix anything. When I hit the rear washer it comes out the front at about half pressure. When I hit the front it comes out the front full pressure. Pretty sure I hooked it up right..

Also flushed my heater core then let CLR sit in it for about 30 mins. Got nothing out of it. Everything was clean and clear. I'm leaning more toward my water pump or thermostat as the source of my heat problems. It's so weird because the operating temp stays dead nuts between 186 and 195 so I had kinda ruled that out early on but maybe it's flowing enough to keep the engine cool but not flowing enough through the heater. I pulled most of the dash apart again and checked all the flappers and linkages and they all seem to be doing exactly what they are supposed to per the FSM. I'm really batting 1000 on this truck lately... Guess I'm driving the Audi again for a few days till I get parts. At least it has heated seats and good heat.

The only thing I successfully fixed was I replaced the fusible link and junction block. Some jackleg had bypassed it before I bought the truck with a normal wire.
Sorry if I missed it, I haven't seen your problem with heat. Have you checked the 4 solder points on the temperature air control slider?

Found a way to double the fuel capacity...:cool:
20181121_154748.jpg

Moar Goodies!
20181121_182432.jpg

20181121_182744.jpg

This Victron energy controller is sooo much smaller than my Renogy 40amp! So I will repurpose that one for the 18 wheeler and a solar project I have for it instead, and this should fit nicely where the Renogy was.

Sorry if I missed it, I haven't seen your problem with heat. Have you checked the 4 solder points on the temperature air control slider?

No I haven't. I did try another control and it acted exactly the same though. I'm assuming that if it was bad soldier points it wouldn't move the blend doors fully or consistently, right? I have a thread somewhere that I'll update on the heat because it's been driving me crazy.

Brought home an 80 today. My sons first car. He’s excited. I’m normally over in the 40 series section but we’re looking forward to learning more and reading up on the FAQ. Looking forward to the time we’ll have together working on another TLC. Cheers!

F22114E2-ADBF-4729-82BF-D687AA9B373B.jpeg

So last weekend was the end of a very bad week

it started with rain of 530 missiles from Gaza on Israeli towns. Isreli Iron Dome worked over time and some hit and killed civilians

it continued with Flesh floods in Israel and Jordan

Jordan flesh floods was a real disaster with meany of dead

most of my friends canceled there participation in the trip that was planed a month ago

So we were a Jeep and fj80

Negev desert the Carters and Table mountain land

View attachment 1836558 View attachment 1836560 View attachment 1836561 View attachment 1836562 View attachment 1836563

O

M

G

Finished the rack. Chopped it to before the sunroof. There is an 1/8 inch gap under the rack to the roof. Standing in the middle of the rack it does not deflect enough to touch the roof. Will suit my needs. Mounted lights and ran wire. Made a grommet out of a rubber plug for through the roof. Squeezes down on the wire the more I push it in. Hopefully will keep all moisture out.

20181122_104311.jpg

20181122_104415.jpg

20181122_104342.jpg

20181122_104250.jpg

May be a little cheesy, but it changed how I sit when I drive!
And for $80, worst case scenario I go a different route.
Tuffy changed its tan to ugly orange, so I’m happy for now.

B95CF095-1105-46D6-8BEA-E1977AD1F83F.jpeg

When was the last time you saw that amount of water .. ?

@Tapage It seems that Global weather got crazy

last year was the same and there was a tragedy
Death toll in flash flood tragedy rises to 10 after last missing teen found

this year the central government toke responsibility no dead in israel but Jordan got it very hard meany dead Israeli army assist to shave school bus that drifted in the flood

Israel sends rescue helicopters to assist in Jordan flood disaster | Reuters

no pics or video of this it is sensitive to see Israeli army operating on Arab soil

Ran out of gas yesterday. Thank god I had half a gallon of two stroke gas to make it to the gas station.
246E599E-43B7-4BB5-B1B6-09EBCDD99DF5.jpeg

Dirt road riding tonight...unfortunately it’s the closest thing to off-roading I can get around my parts of town. Dirt roads ftw
005A8E32-C6CA-44AC-9372-05C86088E63E.jpeg

Snow is still above 6000ft, no snow in pollock pine which is 3900ft yet. But above 6000ft they will get 7 straight days of snow and possibly more!
Great! Want to go to spider lake on Dec. 1? I will be down that way for a couple weeks.

20181123_125451.jpg
20181123_130008.jpg
20181123_125416.jpg

Went to the Junk Yard here by my house. Got the door buttons from a 3rd gen 4runner and a couple off a Previa. The ones off the previa passenger front door have the same plug as the 80 but are too short for the rear doors on the 80. The ones off the 4runner have a different plug, but are the same so they will work anyway, just have to cut and splice the plug.

I've been noticing a sort of knocking/grinding sound on cold start up. Vid sucks because it was still dark out but it's the sound that's important. Opinions? I ordered a new water pump because it's time and I think maybe it's the culprit but not sure. Haven't been about to use my mechanic's stethoscope yet.

I wanted to follow up to report that after replacing the water pump the knocking noise went away. I used my mechanic's stethoscope but still couldn't pinpoint the sound. I was replacing the water pump anyway as preventative maintenance along with a few hard to reach bypass hoses. Ended up replacing the valve cover gasket,spark plug gaskets, throttle body gasket, and cleaned the throttle body since I had it apart. Also threw some high heat paint on the spark plug covers after degreasing the whole thing.
Valve cover.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom