What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What are you planning on doing different, if anything, on the new headlights?
Morimoto Bixenon HID (one projector has both low and high), led hi beam projector, halos, and some type of incorporated fog light (haven't decided on which one yet).

Rad, so via removing cup holder, NOT entire console (as i'd assumed)?
Thanks. (Honest caveat, I know it needs to be adjusted but haven't looked into the process for access)
Have the cup holder in the open position so the cover is vertical. With strong fingers, pull up on the cover, straight up, no screws to mess with. There are trim clips (like the wood trim sections) that hold it in place. At least this worked for me. I cannot take credit, there was a thread on it deep in a search that I found on here.

Edit:
I installed the Ohana Rig Supply modular non-nav bracket last night. I love it! I don't have shots of it in action yet as I need some hardware for my ram mounts. If you are not familiar, www.ohanarigsupply.com makes GX space mods and this one is designed to mount (drill or non-drill options) above the radio head and clean up your panel area. I plan on installing a handheld radio holder (awaiting the new Midland 50w slim style with the controls in the mic), an ipad, and a phone holder.

IG Export 20211018 1.jpg

IG Export 20211018 2.jpg

Last edited:
Installed and ready to explore! Not at all a replacement for the whole GOM mod but works well.

IG Export 20211020 1.jpg

IG Export 20211020 2.jpg

IG Export 20211020 3.jpg

Wolf Creek Pass vicinity on the map?

Indeed! We had to ride down it in 2nd gear this summer heading west. Seems like a brake burner! Love the Suan Juans, one of my favorite areas in the USA.

Indeed! We had to ride down it in 2nd gear this summer heading west. Seems like a brake burner! Love the Suan Juans, one of my favorite areas in the USA.
There are so many rigs (commercial 18wheelers) that have accidents on that side of the pass. It seems that at least one each year runs off the cliff (no joke). Here is an article with a picture of one of them. Speed and brake failure possible factors in Wolf Creek Pass crash that killed truck driver - https://cdllife.com/2021/speed-and-brake-failure-possible-factors-in-wolf-creek-pass-crash-that-killed-truck-driver/

On topic: Received my adjustable panhard bar but the body chop kit was missing. Now to do math and figure out the length of the bar.

While only tangentially related to my GX, i used my Yota knowledge and helped a buddy inspect and haggle the price for a pristine '02 Tundra today. He had been looking for one for an entire year. It had been out west most of its life and had clean frame and only 135k. I will be helping him put a T belt on it and address a few other things.

20211022_172434.jpg

While only tangentially related to my GX, i used my Yota knowledge and helped a buddy inspect and haggle the price for a pristine '02 Tundra today. He had been looking for one for an entire year. It had been out west most of its life and had clean frame and only 135k. I will be helping him put a T belt on it and address a few other things.

View attachment 2818880
Coincidentally my buddy just bought an 03 tundra
IMG_1070_20211021_083418.jpg

Coincidentally my buddy just bought an 03 tundra
They are nice trucks - perfect size between a compact and a modern FS that would not be able to fit down our trails around here. However they are definitely spartan compared to a plush GX!

They are nice trucks - perfect size between a compact and a modern FS that would not be able to fit down our trails around here. However they are definitely spartan compared to a plush GX!
They are nice, I'll probably get one some day. One of my brothers has an 06 that is pretty sweet as well. Yeah new trucks are massive.
20200805_100702.jpg

Took the kids to one of our glades to play on the rocks.
20211026_172849.jpg
20211026_171042.jpg

Yessir. Helped to fill the gap on the Coastal bumper. It's a switchback led strip white/amber. Tied into the parking/turn indicator/drl. It's amber as soon as the car starts. Does a sequential flash on turns and switches over to white when the headlights are on.

Not the best pic, but you can see the white here.

Beautiful rig! Two questions about the lighting if you don’t mind:
  1. Are the led strips exposed to the elements, or do you have some sort of protective coating? I could be blind, but it looks like they’re outside the headlights and run between them and the bumper.
  2. Can you share what wires you spliced into? I’ve got some switchback halos I’m gonna use for an upcoming retro fit, but struggling with where to tap to get them white when headlights on + amber with turn signals.
Thanks a ton. Take care.

Beautiful rig! Two questions about the lighting if you don’t mind:
  1. Are the led strips exposed to the elements, or do you have some sort of protective coating? I could be blind, but it looks like they’re outside the headlights and run between them and the bumper.
  2. Can you share what wires you spliced into? I’ve got some switchback halos I’m gonna use for an upcoming retro fit, but struggling with where to tap to get them white when headlights on + amber with turn signals.
Thanks.

1. They're outside, under the headlight. Works perfectly for the gap and shape of the coastal bumper. They're waterproof etc.

2. You kind of have your answer right there in your question. Tap your headlight signal for the white light and the DRL/turn signal wires for the amber.

I'll see if I can tell what color wires I tapped for each one when I get off work. I'm working on a set of hid bixenon retro fits with halos.......well, they're opened up and halfway started anyway. Along with about eight other projects that all require wiring 😵

Thanks.

1. They're outside, under the headlight. Works perfectly for the gap and shape of the coastal bumper. They're waterproof etc.

2. You kind of have your answer right there in your question. Tap your headlight signal for the white light and the DRL/turn signal wires for the amber.

I'll see if I can tell what color wires I tapped for each one when I get off work. I'm working on a set of hid bixenon retro fits with halos.......well, they're opened up and halfway started anyway. Along with about eight other projects that all require wiring 😵

Ha, I’m not the brightest bulb when it comes to electrical stuff. Glad to know i at least have the right approach for wiring. Wasnt sure if it would work because the amber would halos would be on whenever the drl is, but I guess that’s the point? figure if I don’t want them on with drl, and only as turn indicators or with headlights, I can tap the front headlight and rear turn signal.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the info! That setup looks phenomenal. The coastal front bumper is a beauty.

Sounds like my headlight project, lol. Got a set that’s opened up and sitting on a shelf. Will try to finish it up when I’ve got some PTO.

Best of luck with the rest of your project. Killer rig!

We had some rain recently and my passenger front floor was soaking wet. I saw it running down the kick panel. This morning, I checked and unclogged the passenger front sunroof drain. I couldn't even see the hole. It's back to working correctly, and since it's been warm the last 2 days, it's dried out and smelling back to normal, which is strawberry scented freshener...

Yuck ^^^

Installed a bafx OBD reader and OBD fusion today. I couldn’t seem to find a thread solely on OBD fusion sensors etc for setup. Does one exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom