What colours? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a 97 lx450 in the two tone dune and tan combo and am seriously considering Durabak on part or all of the truck, my two ideas;

1- Stick with similar colour to blend with the door jams etc, so use the durabak Tan for the front Arb , rear Kaymar and body cladding and Sand for the body?

2- Or Black for the ARB, kaymar and body cladding and dark blue for the body with black in the door jams etc.

Thoughts? advice? ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers Peter:beer:

I have read most of the threads on als and durabak liners, not sure but it sounds like Durabak may be a bit easier to work with and they have a tan and sand colour that I like, I also like some of the darker colours I have seen and am on the fence about keeping to sand and tan or go black and dark blue?

Cheers Peter

Green goes well with tan....

IMO, YMMV, subject to individual taste.:cheers:

Thx walking eagle, looks way more beige ( I hate beige) than I expected, have you seen the Duraback tan? I could do the whole truck Tan and like it Im sure.
I was originally leaning towards mixing duraback Black and Blue t get a dark blue for the body and go straight black for the cladding and bumpers with black door sills and jams but the tan would be easier as it is so close to the jams etc. right now.
Still on the fence.

Cheers P

Thx walking eagle, looks way more beige ( I hate beige) than I expected, have you seen the Duraback tan? I could do the whole truck Tan and like it Im sure.
I was originally leaning towards mixing duraback Black and Blue t get a dark blue for the body and go straight black for the cladding and bumpers with black door sills and jams but the tan would be easier as it is so close to the jams etc. right now.
Still on the fence.

Cheers P

Not a fan of their tan either

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/173555-bedlinered-flares-baby-poop.html

I'm pretty sure that was tan. I just remember it being a confusing conversation with them, because I thought I'd ordered sand.

Get a color sample from them before you decide on anything.

The blue I did my 40 in turned out real nice. I got a sample of their Olive Drab Green cause that is the new color of my truck (well, part of it for now), and that looks good. Got a sample of smooth sand, and liked the color of the sample, but not so much on the truck. Don't know what's up with that. If I was going to use tan, there are a couple tan 80's bedlinered with Al's I believe that look nice.

Hmmm, I got some thinking to do, how did you feel the application and durability of the durabak is / was?

Cheers Peter

Hmmm, I got some thinking to do, how did you feel the application and durability of the durabak is / was?

Cheers Peter

I did the whole exterior on my 40. Sprayed the tub. Probably the best results, but really messy. The top I rolled and brushed. I thought the aplication was pretty easy and straight forward.

I then did the flare area on the 80 - did roller and brush again. The aplication was real easy. Durability has been great. There is one spot on the DS door where it's come up a bit where the body creases. I blame lack of sanding to rough up the surface.

The inside of the 80 is the most recient. Partly sprayed - to get it in the inner panels and such. Partly brushed. Aplication was easy - hasn't been on long enough to know on the durability.

I obviously like the stuff, I keep using it!!! Only issue has been with the Tan / Sand coloring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom