Bedlinered Flares - Baby Poop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, after ripping off the front flare, and half the rear, I decided screw it I'm just going to line it. All went well except Newlinesafety was out of Sand color and sent TAN, which is more of a butterscotch baby poop color -

Wife didn't know I was doing it at all, so she was WAY pissed when she returned from work to find this.....
Baby Poop 3-4ths.JPG
Baby Poop 1.JPG
Baby Poop 2.JPG

I like it. What was this "sand" color supposed to look like?

Why not black, like the wheels? Or did you just wanna be different? :D

You might just have the most unique color combination one could have.

Buck Buchanan

Why not black, like the wheels? Or did you just wanna be different? :D

The wheels aren't black, they're graphite grey. I thought the black and white would be too much contrast, and I was trying to go as close to the "Champane Casmir" of the stock flares as I could without having a custom color made. And yes, I did want to be different than all the other white 80's with black bedliner on them.

It will be recovered with Dark Grey Durabak when I do the other side..... wife will be much happier, and so will I, I think....

course, if I kept this color and went back to the gold rims.....

I like the color scheme!

Careful on calling the grey durabak "dark". It is actually rather light. It's too light for my tastes so I will be mixing it with black to darken it up and then recoat the truck.

BTW, I did confirm that you can mix colors of Durabak w/ Cote-L(manufacturer of Durabak).

Ary

It will be recovered with Dark Grey Durabak when I do the other side..... wife will be much happier, and so will I

So wait, how many coats of Baby Poop did you put on already? It's going to take quite a few coats for the gray to cover that up. If you already did 3 then you will need to do 3 more to cover it then atleast 4 coats on the other side.
I did 4 coats all around on mine in the Gray Durabak.

Oh and the Gray will look much better than the Baby Poop.

P.S. not very smooth pulling this off while the wifey was at work. Did you really want to use up a pass on Durabak??? :lol:

Baby poop describes it well to me... a lighter sandy color would be sharp imo - or the black.

looks good, baby poop is a funny way to describe it, but I do see the resemblance.

what color are those stock wheels? they look great too. got a color code by chance?

oh snap, it looks like you cladded in skin!

they have a charcoal gray color don't they.......?

that would be my choice.....;)

but, baby poop is cool.......:rolleyes:

Nice job! Baby poop looks good on a white cruiser.

Now you just need to paint your wheels that color.

If you would have kept your gold wheel color they wouldn't stick out so bad now. :D

:cheers:

Now if you just had some curb feelers......

and maybe some of those neon lights, that glow under your ride as you cruise Overland Park....:rolleyes:

Now if you just had some curb feelers......

and maybe some of those neon lights, that glow under your ride as you cruise Overland Park....:rolleyes:
Don't forget a billion lights and a backwards bedpan hoodscoop... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom