What alternator to get for 1987 BJ74 13BT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
Looks like my alternator went out. I have a 1987 BJ74 13BT 24V.
What alternator would work for it?
Toyota or after market?
Part Number?
Does it have to be 12 or 24 volt?
Thanks for the help

Beno is right.
I drove 90 minutes to take my starter and alternator to an auto electrics shop.
The guy was not thrown by the 24V system and many individual bits are still made and used in other Denso products.

Pretty rural where I live but am counting on the yellow iron folks to be able to help me out when need be....

Hello
Looks like my alternator went out. I have a 1987 BJ74 13BT 24V.
What alternator would work for it?
Toyota or after market?
Part Number?
Does it have to be 12 or 24 volt?
Thanks for the help

What's the part number on your alternator?

Sheesh, been a while cross checking sources. Went and grabbed the part number off mine.
I've sent an enquiry to a source in Australia. Prices are really good, I got new alternator and starter
for my 12HT. But no listing for the 13BT. I'm doing this for me too, they don't last forever.
I'll post back when I hear back.

Australia never got 24V electrics. 12V only which won’t work here.

Not on Landcruisers, but the Coasters and Dynas with B engines had 24V

I found this part # 27020-56130, its for a 24v mid 80s BB20 Coaster bus, also fits the 2H bus. Its from the UAE for $678.
Surely, with all those buses and trucks( and they must far outnumber the BJ7* Landcruisers), there would be an aftermarket 24v alternator out there somewhere.

Link(it wasnt in russian before)

Поиск автозапчастей

Sheesh, been a while cross checking sources. Went and grabbed the part number off mine.
I've sent an enquiry to a source in Australia. Prices are really good, I got new alternator and starter
for my 12HT. But no listing for the 13BT. I'm doing this for me too, they don't last forever.
I'll post back when I hear back.

I heard back, they have none in stock. Didn't realize this was going to be an issue. Sorry couldn't help.
I'll keep looking.

So I received a couple of emails from Australia. They normally stock 12V alternators. No 24V in
stock. I'm going to keep looking, cause I have a 24V 13BT myself.

Does this look the same ,its 24 volt and 80 amp? EDIT. The mounting points look too close together.

HINO 24V 80 AMP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom