Builds West Coast (NZ) 200 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks grreat

are the flares for the 0 offset wheels required?

which snorkel you going with ?

when i was in NZ (wellington) in 2019, and drove about a 1200 miles all over in big hyundai rental van, hardly saw any LC :(
Flares , yes we need them over here. Plus they keep things a bit tidier..

There's a couple of local options that are quite nice, SS not plastic. Haven't decided yet.

Wellington, hmmmm, the city slickers stick to their Tesla's 🤣🤣 come further south and you will see a few more, they are out there..

Looks great

Does this rig have KDSS?

If so what are the specs on the wheels to clear such a wide tire?
Yes it has KDSS, it is what we call 'Limited' spec here, so gets KDSS, nicer wheels factory, fridge inside ect. The later models got the sun roof and rear screens for the kids..

Flares , yes we need them over here. Plus they keep things a bit tidier..

There's a couple of local options that are quite nice, SS not plastic. Haven't decided yet.

Wellington, hmmmm, the city slickers stick to their Tesla's 🤣🤣 come further south and you will see a few more, they are out there..
Yeah we went deep in the heart of the center of the country - beautiful. Wish we could live there permanently.

1702525821929.png
1702525881655.png
1702525948973.png

Decisions have been made...

Trundles fabricated SS snorkel and airbox
Torqit 3" Turbo back SS exhaust with 4" dump.

😁😁

Will be New Year before they arrive...

Is that exhaust with DPF or pre-DPF?

Edit: just noticed the 2008 model year so no DPF, thank goodness. I’ve heard the DPF is a real drag. EGR is a royal pain too. Have you cleaned out your intake or taken it into the shop for that process?

Is that exhaust with DPF or pre-DPF?

Edit: just noticed the 2008 model year so no DPF, thank goodness. I’ve heard the DPF is a real drag. EGR is a royal pain too. Have you cleaned out your intake or taken it into the shop for that process?
Pre DPF... Fortunately , so will be turbo back

Have you had the transmission remapped or installed a lockup kit?

Also, are the 2007-2011’s really that bad or do they get a worse reputation than they deserve? I’ve read that the left hand side turbo oil return line needs replaced by the newer version.

Also, are the 2007-2011’s really that bad or do they get a worse reputation than they deserve? I’ve read that the left hand side turbo oil return line needs replaced by the newer version.
I've got an 08 and a 12, I really couldn't tell the difference, they are both a bit 'clunky' at lower speed but I find them fine on the open road. In saying that I don't know any different so I may have got used to them. Will be interesting the difference when I get around to the lockup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom