Went to pick up the mail this morning.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
and managed to bury myself in the snow :doh: After grabbing the mail, I tried to pull forward and that's where it all went wrong. I moved 10' forward and 8' sideways downhill until I buried myself. There were lots of anchor points but they ere ALL across the road.

Hooking up the winch cable to a pinion tree using a strap became a race against time. Luckily, only two vehicles ran over the winch cable and I was free in no time.

Sorry about the dark pics!
IMAG0754.jpg
IMAG0755.jpg
IMAG0757.jpg

more pics....

The whole thing took 20 minutes and still made in to work by 8am :bounce:
IMAG0758.jpg
IMAG0759.jpg
IMAG0761.jpg

Who would have thought you'd have to do a self-recovery by the mailbox? Snow run to Ali's house!

You get a whole lot more up there than we get.

How is it to get to the house?

You get a whole lot more up there than we get.

How is it to get to the house?

Our hill is pretty crazy for the neighbors but not for the Landcruiser family. We always end up going home w/o any issues. Most of the neighbors park at the bottom and walk up to their homes.

I don't have a picture of our hill but the country grades the main dirt road that bring us to the bottom of our driveway/hill.

In '06, I've had to winch myself up the steep part in order to get to our house.

Some pics from couple of days ago.
IMAG0740.jpg
IMAG0742.jpg
IMAG0744.jpg

I moved to New Mexico to get away from that nonsense. I grew up with it and hated it. I get just enough of it down here to remember why I left Utah.

Oh, that and you can buy Jack Daniels at Albertsons.........:grinpimp:

Last edited:
Who would have thought you'd have to do a self-recovery by the mailbox? Snow run to Ali's house!

Our hill is pretty crazy for the neighbors but not for the Landcruiser family.

Why not a snow run out there. Evan is just a street away too. First time I went to Ali's place I thought it was an off-road trip, and that was without the snow. "Two birds with one stone," we could get a snow run and a meeting done in one day!

I moved to New Mexico to get away from that nonsense. I grew up with it and hated it. I get just enough of it down here to remember why I left Utah.

:) I'm just the opposite; grew up in Colorado and I miss the snow, plus I've never become accustomed to the humidity in Tejas - hence our (eventual) moving to NM. Our place there is at 7,200 feet elevation in the East Mountains area. I like what I see in your photos Alia; what is your altitude there?

:) I'm just the opposite; grew up in Colorado and I miss the snow, plus I've never become accustomed to the humidity in Tejas - hence our (eventual) moving to NM. Our place there is at 7,200 feet elevation in the East Mountains area. I like what I see in your photos Alia; what is your altitude there?

Our elevation is 6800' or so. Where abouts are you in the east mountains?

We moved here from Chicago so we're used much more snow and colder temps. The snow in NM is just awesome - dry, light and easy to shovel. Heck, I can probably blow it with a leaf blower! In Chicago, the snow would hang around for months and get dirtier and dirtier. Not much to do there in winter except to watch football, bowling and get fatter.

We moved here from Chicago so we're used much more snow and colder temps. The snow in NM is just awesome - dry, light and easy to shovel. Heck, I can probably blow it with a leaf blower! In Chicago, the snow would hang around for months and get dirtier and dirtier. Not much to do there in winter except to watch football, bowling and get fatter.

Two things, You watch bowling? (WTF?) And could you get any fatter? Must be the girly side coming out.

nice job dude, expedient self recovery, like you've had practice or something!? i could just see someone clothslining them selves on a winch cable... UGLY.

these two storms have been night and day at our place. the one on monday was heavy wet snow falling straight down. the one thursday night was windy and very light powder, drifted everywhere. i've spent two days this week behind the snowblower for considerably longer than i'd like. if we all had cruisers (inlaws included) i certainly could ignore it, but it's nice to get the car out and they don't have a choice.

Not too far north of you; east of 14 and just north of 344, at the foot of Oro Quay Peak. About 14-15 miles by road, northeast from Sandia Park.

¡Féliz Navidad!

Two things, You watch bowling? (WTF?) And could you get any fatter? Must be the girly side coming out.

If I liked those two things you think I'd have moved to NM?

Y'all, he only did that so I wouldn't feel bad for going in his ditch both times I've been to his house. Thank you man, I feel so such better now:)

BTW... when did you guys get all of this snow? I was. In Seattle this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom