Well, ain't that a bugger...sprung a leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Filled the 80 up tonight at the local Wawa. Head in to use the ATM, come out seeing something dripping under the rear of the truck. Looks like the fuel fill pipe now has a hole :bang::bang::bang: Anyone got one laying around?

Next time try shorting the fill up by a couple gallons and see if it still drips. Mine rusted out on the top only so only if I top it off and there's fuel in the pipe does it leak. I just short change it when I fill up now. Will have @OTRAMM fab me up a SS pipe since I have the duel filler neck in mine. The stock pipe is disco from Toyota so you'll need to find a part out.

I had the same issue. First it rusted through the vent tube, so I cut that section out and used some rubber fuel line. Then the main fill pipe got a hole in it...JB weld to the rescue. Finally it said :flipoff2: and rusted out near a mounting bracket.

I gave in, and paid Ryan in VA to install a new one for me. Too much of a pain in the butt for me to deal with...

For a few years on the trails, anytime someone said "I smell gas!", I had to sheepishly admit it was me :rolleyes:

X4 :rofl:

Any other ball busters care to chime in?

:flipoff2:

X5 just because I like you.

Cured your smoking habit, though!

I had the same issue. First it rusted through the vent tube, so I cut that section out and used some rubber fuel line. Then the main fill pipe got a hole in it...JB weld to the rescue. Finally it said :flipoff2: and rusted out near a mounting bracket.

I gave in, and paid Ryan in VA to install a new one for me. Too much of a pain in the butt for me to deal with...

For a few years on the trails, anytime someone said "I smell gas!", I had to sheepishly admit it was me :rolleyes:

Cured your smoking habit, though!

Never smoked a full cigarette in my entire life. Lot's of other stuff, but no cigarettes...blech!

Never smoked a full cigarette in my entire life. Lot's of other stuff, but no cigarettes...blech!

Good thing you would have blown up driving your 80!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom