Welder needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davidp14

SILVER Star
Threads
I ordered a set of trail gear sliders mostly out of desperation since no one has bolt on sliders that can be shipped before the blue ridge fall crawl. Trouble is, I can't weld.

So.. assuming they arrive in time, I'll need to find a welder that can put them on my fzj before the meet.

I'm in staunton but happy to travel

Posted in both va clubhouses, hope that doesn't ruffle feathers.

Last edited:
mostly out of desperation since no one has bolt on sliders that can be shipped before the blue ridge fall crawl. Trouble is, I can't weld.

So.. assuming they arrive in time, I'll need to find a welder that can put them on my fzj before the meet.

I'm in staunton but happy to travel

Posted in both va clubhouses, hope that doesn't ruffle feathers.

I’m in Winchester and can probably help you out but there is probably a welding shop in Staunton. I’d go talk to a shop and see what they will need. Grind the paint off the frame and paint it with weld threw primer. Get it all ready and setup so all they will have to do is weld it up.

Thank you! Another member here gave me a couple leads locally but I'm not sure about timeline. I may ask for your help.

I also ordered a new magnaflow 21230 down pipe which apparently clocks the cat a little better so maybe that will make getting the sliders on a little easier.

Last edited:
Check with a local muffler or exhaust shop. They should be able to weld them on. They can put the down pipe on too. Most local non-chain shops will do this sort of thing. If you were closer I would tell you to come by my shop.

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. I am still looking, the local muffler shop said no and I've gotten no response from another one

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom