Weld on clevis shackle mounts for D-Rings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to buy 2 weld on Skackle Clevis mounts to use 3/4 inch D Rings on my rear bumper. For a flat surface. Does anybody have these ? Or know where in Albuquerque that has them in stock?
I have found them on line, but wanted to purchase local, if possible. Several places can order them. I can do that, but, Thinking maybe someone has them laying around in their garage...... If so, and you want to sell them, let me know.
Thanks

IMSCO will certainly have your shackles... I think I ordered the mounts I put on my ARB online.

This guy *may* have but I doubt if the thickness would work for your application. Still, might be worth a drive by as he does build 4x4 racing chassis for customers: Coach’s Chassis - Eastside - Albuquerque, NM

Ruff Stuff might have something and I'll be ordering some things from them so we can combine shipping if you want. LMK.

Just as an aside, I chose not to weld on these cool shackle brackets on the rear bumper that I built. Instead, I use the receiver mounted shackle deals for a more of a "centered" pull. Never really missed having those brackets so take it FWIW. :meh:

Last edited:
I will call IMSCO tomorrow. Central Trailer Supply suggested them also. I now have a receiver mounted shackle/d ring set up. I wanted to remove the trailer hitch receiver for more rear ground clearance .My trailer hitch is a bolt on, and removing it would give about 3-4 inches more clearance .I always drag that when starting steep climbs. I have found good ones on line. Barnes 4WD , $18 each, free shipping. Getting the hitch off is, so far, a no go , since the bolts are rust frozen. I will continue to spray them, hit the bolts with a hammer, and some heat. So far, most rusty bolts have finally broke loose with this technique.

My receiver hitch dragged constantly. But it was the only thing keeping me from ripping my bumper off until I upgraded my rear bumper.

Coach's doesn't have any sort of D-ring mount.
I have a pair of Ruffstuff weld on mounts if you want them on the quick. Bumper Clevis

They may not be what your looking for but it they are just order new ones for me.

Try Choice Steel

Thanks for the suggestions. I got my trailer hitch off with thread lube x 3 days, impact wrench, breaker bar, and much manual labor. Rust nearly won.
None at Choice Steel. IMSCO has them, going to go down there now. I had my rear bumper corners welded on to the stock rear center bumper on Monday.. Turned out strong. Will let you all know.

IMSCO does not have what I am looking for. They have those weld on d rings that I would use for tie down points on trailers. I will order them off the web from Barnes 4WD. Not in a hurry, just like to buy local if possible. Thanks for your ideas.

let's see some pics, trying to visualize. That and I'm bored at work....

Here is Barnes 4wd weld -on clevis. It has the shape I was looking for. I will get 2 or 3 and have them welded onto my rear bumper. I will send pictures of my rear bumper . No spare tire carrier. Will just keep it inside, secured to 3rd row seat brace. SMR welding on 2nd just south of Osuna. Juan does good Fab work and reasonable prices.

51t1Q0f+BBL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my rear bumper.
DSCF1120.JPG
DSCF1122.JPG
DSCF1124.JPG

Better than the plastic stock corners that were held on only by zip ties, from previous owner. All the stock attachments were rusted out.

nice, 80's are big pigs... think hard about your load path if you had to use the welded ones...

Do you mean about where to weld the clevis mounts? I thought about that. I would have them welded on an area where there was placed a brace behind the welded on bumper. This brace is welded to the main frame, in a corner. I believe this to be the strongest part. I will have the guy who built this for me, determine if this is the strongest place. If he thinks even more strength is needed, I will have him beef it up. I don't want my rear bumper recovered, but the rest of the 80 still stationary. Ugh!
Any other thoughts on this are appreciated.
Would a third clevis , in the middle , where the 4 bolt holes are, be another good weld point? I really like having the hitch mount off. Much better departure angle. But would like 3 recovery points along the back, idealy. 2 would be OK.

Yeah, you got what I meant. the center crossmember is relatively beefy IIRC when I cut mine out for the 4x4labs. I'd aim to get the two clevis points as close to the intersection of the frame rails and the bumper as you can. You could get around no center point with your rigging I'd imagine.

To be fair, I'm likely not one of the guys who should be talking about best recovery points and strategery... we have others...

I like connections that are in line with the frame rail rather than the cross member, and I like to have the choice to pull from left or right, depending on how crappy of a place I manage to get into.
That said, the factory reinforcement to the hitch mount is pretty substantial on almost all land cruisers.

The junction of the rear of the frame rails on both sides of this rear bumper is where I plan to get the clevis mounts welded.
That seems to be the strongest place back there. I will tackle this after I get the clevis mounts in. Having a 3rd clevis in the middle, might be an option, also. Haven't decided on that yet.
Thanks for the input.

ordered, clevis mounts , should get them next week and then get them welded on rear bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom