Welcome to Veterans' Highway! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all! Today's my first day as an honest mud member. I've been lurking a long time now.

Signed up in August 2001 for a 2 year stint for college; things changed a month later.
716 Military Police Detachment HHD, 101st Airborne. -Dec 2003
Recalled through the IRR from Jan 06-July 07 for 2-135th Aviation, part of 36 ID, CAB.

Had a sweet old 72 Jeep that needed sold to pay tuition. Had an even sweeter 64 Scout 80 that was sold to pay for a lawyer to keep my daughter. Had a recent job change that meant selling my short timed 75 FJ55 to Rusty Credito and his build because i just couldn't afford it. I'me doing all I can to keep the 1968 FJ40 I have, even if it means selling my pick-up.

Check out my adventures so far - 1968 FJ40

Welcome!

Nice, solid looking rig!

Welcome Liquidwoodfj40. This is a great place with a lot of great guys and gals.

Welcome to the highway Liquidwoodfj40. Thanks for your service.

Larry in El Paso

Hey everyone, my name is Kyle. I left the Army in 2017 after 5 years in 1st Ranger Battalion. Now I am a year away from graduating college, and trying to stay focused on school work....but I can't stay off of the forums. I recently bought a 100 series that needs quite a bit of love, and this forum has already helped me out tremendously.

Hello Kyle, welcome to the forum and good luck in your final year of college!

Belated welcome to the highway Kyle. Thanks for your service. Good luck on the last year in college. I hope you make buckets of money and pay bunches of taxes at least for the next 30 years while I am retired.

Larry in El Paso

Hey everyone, my name is Kyle. I left the Army in 2017 after 5 years in 1st Ranger Battalion. Now I am a year away from graduating college, and trying to stay focused on school work....but I can't stay off of the forums. I recently bought a 100 series that needs quite a bit of love, and this forum has already helped me out tremendously.

Welcome Kyle!!

Good luck with school and with your 100!!

Great thread, cannot believe I haven’t seen it before...

A slight twist on my story; did my two years, compulsory, national service in the South African Army, Signals Corp. First year was training and then my second year was stationed in South West Africa, Sector 10 HQ.

I salute my fellow veterans and especially to those in the USA, I absolutely Thank You for your service !!

As you were soldier.....

Welcome cme4lyt. Great place to spend some time and learn a lot. I have some friends in South Africa in the aviation business. Thanks for your service as well and welcome to the USA also.

Belated welcome to cme4lyt to the highway. Thanks for your service. I'm not sure where Sector 10 is in South West Africa.

Larry in El Paso

950FB31E-DC60-45FE-8407-410E14D725D8.jpeg

I served in the USMC. Not much to share about myself. I enlisted as 0311 infantry with a plan to qualify into Recon, then when I was only a year into my stint I suffered an injury. Unfortunately the doc I went to was rabid in getting Marines out... and out I went.

My dad served in the Air Force. I don't know much about his service as he never talked about it until the end of his life, when he met a friend that helped him see the value he added with his service.

My Grandpa was a training pilot in the Naval Air Corps during WWII. An interesting story about him is that he trained pilots in a one seat plane, so in order to go up with them prior to their solo flights he would strap himself to the wing and sit outside the cockpit to give instruction... apparently my grandma was not fond of him doing that. Hahaha, can't imagine why. - I knew my grandpa was an amazing guy, but had no idea he was as crazy as I was.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope I can offer help by being a part.

As for my cruiser, I am on my second one. My first was a 2000 that was totaled while my dad was driving. It was struck on the left front by a truck going 50+, and held up amazing well. My dad said afterwards that I had to get another one of those. I agreed, and got a 2003, which has now been totaled as well via being t-boned by a car traveling 50+. The 2003 was able to be salvaged though, so we are driving it around still but might upgrade to a 200 sometime soon.

This image was from a trip when my wife and I went bouldering with our 2000.
Climbing.JPG

This next image was from Moab with the fam in the 2003
Moab Up.jpg

Welcome to the highway Topoguide. Thanks for your service. You definitely have the Cruiser Sickness.

Larry in El Paso

Welcome Topoguide and thanks for your service. Nice photos.

My name is Kyle, been on Mud too many times to count and finally made an account.
Served from 1994-2006 as a Marine grunt with Fox 2/5 then later as an EOD tech with 1st EOD. Did some time in Iraq in 2003, 2004, and 2005.

Hello to all the other veterans on here and to all the great folks who make up IH8MUD.

I have a 1991 70 series Land Cruiser I'm having fun with and trying to decide which way to take a build.

Looking forward to talking to some other people about all things off road/land cruiser.

Semper Gumby

20180702_134245.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom