Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello,

We are starting the process of shopping for a 200. We are good with either the LX or the LC as we already have both in the family now. For sentimental reasons, we are looking specifically for one with a build/production date of 7/2015. Can anyone verify if this would be a 2015 or 2016 model year so we can fine tune our searching?

Thank you!

Jon
2015 (I have a 7/2016 build date and my model year is 2016)

I'm new here but not new to Toyotas. I had this 1999 4Runner Limited for a few years and after I sold it I decided that my next step needed to be a bigger vehicle for my bigger family.

T4R 1.jpg

So here's the new ride, a 2008 LX570 and so far I'm really happy with it. This site has already been a great knowledge base for me and I really appreciate all the contributions from others. I hope to do my part as I become more familiar with the LX. My old 4Runner had like 180,000 miles and it was just showing some signs of age, but the LX570 with 128,000 miles shows hardly any signs of age.

20190730_193716.jpg

Picked up 3rd LX last weekend; started with white 96 (Joon), then got a black 97(Benny), sold the 96, and just got this 2015. One owner lease return with 54k miles. Did the 60k service then promptly took it Idaho to introduce it to her new life. This is Buttercup
photo aug 13, 1 59 14 pm.jpg

Hi all, currently married to and madly in love with a 87 60 series. I am also married to a woman and refers to Snowflake as my second wife.;) My son has a 62. I am contemplating another lc purchase; 45, 55 and am now considering a 200. I do not see the usual sticky for 200 buying tips. Any ideas?

Hi all, currently married to and madly in love with a 87 60 series. I am also married to a woman and refers to Snowflake as my second wife.;) My son has a 62. I am contemplating another lc purchase; 45, 55 and am now considering a 200. I do not see the usual sticky for 200 buying tips. Any ideas?
Never mind. I found in the last sticky. Tia

IMG_20190831_162725.jpg
IMG_20190831_162654.jpg
IMG_20190831_162725.jpg
IMG_20190831_162654.jpg
IMG_20190831_162621.jpg

New To Forum - HI

G'day
I am new to forums in general - normally I just surf the web, but I like what I see and read on here so I thought I'd join up as I have not long purchased the 200 - LOVE IT - I enjoy 4wD'ing and intend over a period of time modding my machine.

Sorry if this is not the correct area to put this information in - but I could not find a "new user how to area" if there is one - please be so kind as to point me there or answer my questions.:D

1. How do I add a garage - it is not in my "User CP" as per the DTO garage plus help says.
2. How do I add a picture to my profile so it comes up when I post.

Cheers:cheers:

Hi I'm new to the forum and don't really know if I'm posting in the correct place. I have a 2008 200LC and I have probably a stupid question but it is not about tires. I want to buy some slightly used rim/tire takeoffs from a 2017 LC. Aren't the rim sizes the same? I wanted to be 100% sure the rims will fit. Thanks (I also did a search but did not find anything).

Hi I'm new to the forum and don't really know if I'm posting in the correct place. I have a 2008 200LC and I have probably a stupid question but it is not about tires. I want to buy some slightly used rim/tire takeoffs from a 2017 LC. Aren't the rim sizes the same? I wanted to be 100% sure the rims will fit. Thanks (I also did a search but did not find anything).

they will work.

Welcome to the forum. I have a complete set of (5) rims from my 2014 that are in perfect condition if you are interested. They are listed in the classified adds. Good luck.

New to the forum as well well kinda. I joined a long time ago and have been lurking this whole time. Looking at buying a 200 series not sure if it will be new or used. Cheers all.

New to the forum as well well kinda. I joined a long time ago and have been lurking this whole time. Looking at buying a 200 series not sure if it will be new or used. Cheers all.

Happy hunting bro

Long time lurker, just signed up today!
Traded in my 2017 LC for a 2020 black HE. Loved my MGM 17 but man the I like the HE even better. I have already removed the Yakima basket and switched the wheels over to RW's.

Last edited:
Long time lurker, just signed up today!
Traded in my 2017 LC for a 2020 black HE. Loved my MGM 17 but man the I like the HE even better. I have already removed the Yakima basket and switched the wheels over to RW's. I have been running my Nokian Rotiva At+'s at 40 psi and would like to know if that is correct. Gajin? Tire specs are 285/70/17 load range D. Pics to come soon! Thanks in advance
You interested in getting rid of the Yakima?

Hello! New guy from MD here.

I've been a long time lurker and an even longer time Land Cruiser owner with my first being a 2000 100 series that took us literally everywhere. I just got a newer 2018 "leftover" with 6300 miles on it (never titled sold as new) and wow does this machine have it all!

Using what I read here I've already pulled out the 3rd row seats and gotten the replacement mat from Australia. I REALLY miss the removable seats feature on the 100 series.

My wife and I love "glamping" and even "roughing it" tenting. So the next big thing is to tow a travel trailer and see the USA. Lately I've been reading everything I can on here about upgrades for towing especially about trailer brake controllers and rear suspension air bags.

I'm not a mechanic, rather a profound tinkerer. Hopefully I can contribute something useful to the forum.
Cheers!

New member of the family:
IMG_4027s.jpg

Awful 3rd row seats removed - many thanks to y'all on this forum !
IMG_4033s.jpg

Hey Folks,
Sales associate asked me about a customer wanting to buy a 200 series to haul a 27ft boat and whether its feasible or not. I advised against it but wanted to get other opinions. I told him the trailer is probably close to 1k lbs and the weight of the boat (customer doesn't know the weight) would be pushing close to the approved weight capacity for the 200 series. Any thoughts?

Salesman was concerned about pushing the tranny. I was concerned about the brakes.
Thank you in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom