Welcome New Members (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 285/75/R16 looks really nice on stock suspension and no flairs!

I am starting to feel like the more I read about lifts on the 80 the less I know. Lot more options now than even 10 years ago. My current thought is I need to see some lifted 80s in person before deciding. I am still leaning OME 2.5 medium with 285/75/R16s even it all gets replaced in a few years.

I havent looked into much on the lifts, i did put OME spring in the rear of my runner, I liked them a lot.
If I lift my cruiser it wont be more than 2.5" would love to put some 255/85r16 but there is a limited amount of options and they are expencive.

Gotta love tall skinnies. I know the BFG KM3 comes in a 255/85/r16, not sure how available they are yet, or $$$.

@FJW8ing the ome 2.5 setup is tried and true. Regardless of what you may do in the future, that setup is pretty universal. Excellent starting point. Great looking rig. Congrats

Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hey. I've been on Mud for years but just moved back to Knoxville after being gone for 13 years. Back in High School (2002... yikes) I spent a lot of time at Windrock. Mostly breaking things and getting stuck. Or having all the wheels and tires stolen off my disabled truck.

Now I'm building a modest locked 97 FZJ80 for some light wheeling and general adventuring/ camping with the dog and the wife. I've been focused on Baselining/PM and getting it back to its glory days. When it's no longer my daily driver I'll get back to breaking things and getting stuck. For now just wanted to say hey and keep up with any trail rides or meet ups in the area.

Thanks!
Kohl

after_4.jpg

Hey Guys,

Proud owner of a 07 FJ. Hobbies I'm crazy about: modding the FJ, hunting rocks, camping, fishing, birdwatching, and travelling.

About my rig:

Waterproof Seat Covers
265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak Mud Terrain Tires (Meant to order 285s, major screw up on my part!)
OME Suspension Lift w/ Heavy Springs
Total Chaos UCAs
Warrior Products front and rear Bumpers
Garvin Trail Rack Spare Tire Mount Utility Rack
Tyger Auto TG-AM2T20068 Rock Slider/Step Bars - Amazon Special. =)
SmittyBuilt X20 10,000 Winch w/ Synthetic Rope
Rokmen Rear Lower Links
OPOR link guards
Optima Yellowtop AGM Battery
Alt-S Fuse Diode for AGM Battery

Waiting to install: Snorkle

On Order:
Gobi Stealth Rack (up tp 16 week lead time, wtf??)

coming soon:

SmittyBuilt Overlander RTT
Dirty Parts Dual Battery
BudBuilt Skids

Hope to see yall around, and maybe at an upcoming get together!

-flip

Howdy folks!

I'm moving to Clarksville starting this Friday. I own a 1975 FJ55 named "Zeke".

24174608_10156001849251584_347124758501404945_n.jpg

I'm an aviation mechanic by trade and I work 4 months on/4 months off overseas. Looking forward to living in a state with more wheeling opportunities, better weather and less taxes than Iowa.

Is there anyone in the area that would like to wheel at Windrock one weekend between now and August 4th? My internship in Oak Ridge ends then, but I try to make it up a couple of times a year. I like to wheel the fun blues and easier blacks. Recently did Waldens Ridge (had to take most of the bypasses), trail 16 and trail 60 at GSMTR this year.

IMG_3498.jpeg

Anybody do snow runs up the Cherohala? This was last year - December 9, 2018......I'm wanting to go soon, maybe to watch the meteor shower this Friday night!
lc.jpg

Hey all. My name is Kevin. I live in West Knoxville over off of Ebenezer Rd. I have a project 76' FJ40 currently in process, hoping to be drivable by spring. I would welcome any assistance with mechanical/electrical work. Next step in Weber install and wiring for fuel pump and choke. I pay nicely with grilled/smoke meats and beverages! :)
I am an avid fly fisher, deer hunter, snowboarder, wake surfer, & mountain biker.

Look forward to connecting with the group.

IMG_0833.jpg

My in-laws are in Farragut. We are up that way with some regularity. Good looking 40 you got there.

As far as the carb, do you have a stock carb? I know the jury is split, but I am a fan of the stock carb if you are staying with a carb. With the weber one thing you MUST reuse is the phenolic spacer (on the 76 it will be the big heat shield that was under the factory carb. That intake heat sinks the carb really bad and it will cause dieseling and hard starting when hot if you don't have some kind of insulator between the 2.

Jynx-
I have the Weber with the super filter, regular filter, & Weber electric pump ready to go on soon. The original carb is long gone, appears to be a Holley that is in pretty bad shape. I am currently just trying yo get it back up and running to evaluate the engine and what to do next.
When will you be back in the Knoxville area? I'm in your area quite often for work and pleasure. Give me a buzz when you around, come by and check out "Gary".

865-202-7007

Sounds like someone put a Holley 2100 on there. Back in the day that was a pretty standard swap as the OE carbs are super finicky. I have a weber on my F in the 55 and when I got it all lined out i had trouble with heat soaking. And even with the proper space between the manifold and adapters, it still diesels a little when I shut it off after a long drive. If there is an adapter between the Holley and the intake, hang onto that as if you ever want to do a Holley first sniper swap, that adapter will come in handy.

We will be in for Christmas the weekend after (before new years) and will give you a shout if we get a few minutes.

-Matthew

Hey all. My name is Kevin. I live in West Knoxville over off of Ebenezer Rd. I have a project 76' FJ40 currently in process, hoping to be drivable by spring. I would welcome any assistance with mechanical/electrical work. Next step in Weber install and wiring for fuel pump and choke. I pay nicely with grilled/smoke meats and beverages! :)
I am an avid fly fisher, deer hunter, snowboarder, wake surfer, & mountain biker.

Look forward to connecting with the group.

View attachment 2154374

Welcome to the area Kevin! I can be of some assistance (as time/family allows). I currently run my '73 but did two different '76 projects. Below pic of those fun days...not so sure wife enjoyed.

As to carbs, yes there are countless threads as to which is better. For what it is worth, I have run a 32/36 Weber for ~22yrs. One of the '76 trucks from pic has run a 38 Weber for ~15yrs. It runs fine... With that said i do have my fun with my Weber when trail riding but never to the point i cant get where i want to go (carb is currently mounted backwards and had previously sealed the bowl - Weber Sarge mod).

Anyways, welcome. Hit me up with a PM and let me know what help you need and we can try to get a wrenching day set up.

As to the local club, i have missed several meetings due to the kid's sports commitments but usually first Tuesday of the month.

untitled.png

nik-

I just sent you a message, I hope. Let me know if you received it.
thank-

lar, welcome to the club site. I've got an 1984 60 series and a 1978 40 series. Done a ton of work myself. Hit me up on a DM if you need any more help wrenching.

Greatings All,

I've been reading threads for a year or two but never thought to make a post. Back home (Augusta GA) most everybody with a Cruiser knew each other already. My introduction to the club came when BlueHawk drove by (a week ago) while I was tinkering. Yes I am new to town, My wife and I were moving into our house when the World went into lockdown. I'm looking forward to a meet & great once the end of days has run its course

Safe travels, Kabooyaya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom