Weird radio behavior - drops FM signal every 50-60 seconds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2013 Land Cruiser. Has anyone experienced this with their FM/AM radio? Mine cuts out every 50-60 seconds. It’s silent for about 10 seconds, and then the song info on the screen blinks (almost like it resets) and the radio starts again. Plays for about 50-60 seconds, then does it again. This started a few weeks ago.

This doesn’t happen with the Bluetooth, CDs, or DVDs.

For diagnosis purposes, two other things that may/may not be related. First, I could hear a fan-like whirring sound behind the radio a while back. The sound has since stopped, but I heard it could be a fan failing that is meant to cool the display. Second, I recently used the CD player for the first time and I noticed, when I removed it, that the CD had gotten very hot. When I put DVDs in, they don’t get that hot.

Last edited:
Did you end up trying to replace anything?
I have not replaced anything yet, but I also have not had any issues with the radio cutting out. We are getting ready to have a lot of seat time over the next two weeks, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I am wondering if that vent you found is the culprit. The last times it happened to me was when the heater was on. Now with warm weather we are AC exclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom