Weird options.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering. What "unique" options were/are available..but not on the North american 80 series?? What can be purchased??..and where?

Ones i know of/have
  • clear front corner lens (romania toyota parts)
  • hand throttle (thanks slee!)
  • pop out cup dash cup holder (slee again!)

Ones i know of/but dont have
  • ambulance doors (no clue)
  • clear front turn signal lens (anyone know where to get?)
  • tow hooks (trying to get from dealer)
  • side turn signals (Jim Phillips?..england)

thanks..
joe
[glow=red,2,300]1918....2003[/glow]

Joe,
Jim also posted pics of his OEM cabin-adjustable headlight aiming gizmo.

Other kewl non-US options:
=====================
Refrigerated cooler in the console.
Rear air conditioning
Factory winch
Headlight washers
Various engine and tranny options too numerous to list

And probably a hundred others.
-B-

ambulance doors are on the cheapest 80 series in australia (so more a poor man's cruiser than an option)

Dads 1996 RV has the Handthrottle thing there, But it does'nt work. :( - Pull it out and the Revs come to about 1,000 RPM, But when I turn it clockwise the Revs don't increase. ???

Dads 1996 RV also has the clear(well not really) Indicator Lenses and Orange Indicator lights in the front Guards. :cheers:

Dads 1996 RV has two Tow Hook on the front and one at the rear on the right chassis rail. - The loops are'nt full circles, In that they start on one of the base and return onto the other side at the base.

sure the hand throttle isn't like on the 40's and you keep pulling it out to increase revs?

can you get behind it and see if a cable or something is sticking/ snappeD?

Joe -

>> What "unique" options were/are available..but not on the North american 80 series??

Actually, the list is quite long. Here are is what comes to mind off the top of my head (including those already mentioned)...

- Auxiliary fuel tank
- Side window rain shields
- Center diff lock switch
- Cabin-controlled headlight adjusters
- Headlight washers
- Seat warmers
- Roof rack ladder
- Hood/bonnet emblem
- Rear air condx (included the console "cool box")
- Cup holder
- Clear corner lenses (not actually an option, just different regs)
- Side indicators/repeaters (same as above)
- Rear fog lamps on hatch (required, in the U.K. anyway)
- Front fog lamps (Asian models, I believe)
- Dash mounted hand throttle
- Winch
- Diesel engine options
- Standard transmission
- Overhead console w/altimeter (Oz)
- Tranny PTO
- Ambulance rear door

And others. Just a few to get you started...

Cheers, R -

This is just above and behind the centre Mirror, Next to the Altimeter is the Guage for the second Fuel Tank(Dad had LPG conversion fitted, So the second Fuel tank is replaced with the Gas Cyclinder and the LPG Guage is now what the second Fuel tanks Guage. :cheers:).

That same console houses an altimeter and compass in Japanese models.

[quote author=ParadiseCruiser link=board=2;threadid=5741;start=msg45816#msg45816 date=1064844803]
[/quote]

Of all the countries to not get an altimeter! we in the US do not. The tallest hill in Oz is Kosciusko at a tiny 7310 feet. We in the US have at least twice that possibility! If I'm not mistaken doesn't Mt. Evans in CO have the highest paved road in the world at 14130 feet? Hey Toyota: :slap:

There was some pretty cool stuff that was NOT offered here in the US!

[glow=red,2,300]"That same console houses an altimeter and compass in Japanese models. "[/glow]
There was some pretty cool stuff that was NOT offered here in the US!
That sounds pretty cool..is there ANY way to purchase this?..do you think it would be an easy install?

joe

:flipoff2: I have one in mine :flipoff2:

It was not easy to do and the price was WAY north of reasonable. It requires the installation of a magnetic field sensor in the roof and I had to build a wiring harness from the middle of the roof up to the header. Parts alone came to over 800 bucks.

Well.........It's novel :rolleyes:

I wouldn't do it again. :beer:

When at Sea level, I always reset the Altimeter to zero. Then the next time at Sea Level the Altimeter nolonger reads zero. :slap: It is more then the veriation in Tides. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom